Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
manneokoko
manneokoko began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bebook One or Neo?

Hello.

Im looking for a e-book reader. I will be reading pdf documents only, e-books with mainly text. So I've read that bebook have good pdf support. My question is: is there any difference in the pdf handling from One to Neo? the manual of One mentions that you need to "re-save" the pdf to optimize the size and margin for optimal reading experience. Is it the same with One or is the pdf support even better so i don't need to optimize every pdf?

I have alot of pdf files and it would be time consuming to optimize them one by one. Do you know if there is some batch pdf converter tool available?

Thanks for your expert help!
manneokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by manneokoko View Post
Hello.

Im looking for a e-book reader. I will be reading pdf documents only, e-books with mainly text. So I've read that bebook have good pdf support. My question is: is there any difference in the pdf handling from One to Neo? the manual of One mentions that you need to "re-save" the pdf to optimize the size and margin for optimal reading experience. Is it the same with One or is the pdf support even better so i don't need to optimize every pdf?

I have alot of pdf files and it would be time consuming to optimize them one by one. Do you know if there is some batch pdf converter tool available?

Thanks for your expert help!
Neo and one are totally different.
Endless Ideas, the OEM, only slightly modifies the original firmwares.
One is the hardware from Hanlin V3.
Neo is the hardware from Onyx Boox.

I've got both.
One is "ugly" and only has a single advantage: Native support for Microsoft .lit format.
Neo has a touchscreen without glare, is faster and has more features.

Clearly go for Neo.

BTW: For PDFs, Neo's advanced zoom features come in handy and the touchscreen makes it way easier to operate.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I completely agree with the above; the Neo is, in my view, enormously better than the One.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
manneokoko

Thanks guys!

Although Im not much interested in a lot of features, I just want to have a easy, quick interface and a nice reading experience.

Here in Sweden the Neo cost than twice as much of the One.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's twice as good. Seriously - you do get what you pay for.
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
manneokoko

Ok. So what about the battery time? ive read some complaints about that.

Another question: ive understood that Neo is the same as Boox. Is it possible to use bebook firmware on a boox and vice-versa?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Stand-by battery life is a few days. I turn mine off when I've finished using it; a battery charge will last for a couple of weeks that way.

Yes, Neo and Onyx firmware is totally interchangeable. The Neo firmware is written by Onyx.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
manneokoko

Thanx. Boox ordered!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Great! I'm sure you'll love it. I think it's the best all-round reader currently on the market.