Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Exclamation Asus Transformer TF101 display unresponsive

This morning, the strap of my handbag fell apart, and my handbag - which had my TF101 in it - hit the street and now the display is completely unresponsive. There is no visible damage, no cracks, nothing rattling inside.

The tablet was attached to the dock. It was on its side inside the handbag, surrounded by various papers, but there was nothing beneath it to cushion the fall.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and what did you do about it? I sincerely hope that the tablet is not damaged beyond repair. I bought it second-hand on ebay months ago and it was in perfect working condition. Sending it in for repairs will probably cost me an arm and a leg, so I'm hoping it's something I can do myself. With my luck, I think it won't be, though. Is there anything I can do about it???

citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Have you tried to reboot it?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
I'd check if there's a manufacturer's warranty. Some of them are attached to the device and not the user.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Have you tried to reboot it?
Yes, several times; there's a sound response, and I can tell that the display gets a little brighter, like going from black to dark indigo, but I cannot see the homescreen or the apps I placed there.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sounds lite it is ripe for some repair work.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I'd check if there's a manufacturer's warranty. Some of them are attached to the device and not the user.
I will check, but it was bought second hand off ebay, manufacturer refurbished.

OK, so the tablet was bought on 4 April, it had a 90-day guarantee, and it is now end of September. So no luck there. I spoke to our IT department, and they are willing to have a look at it themselves, or contact someone more knowledgeable. I just hope I will be able to get it to function again, because I used it constantly and can't imagine going back to a netbook.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Sounds lite it is ripe for some repair work.
I've been reading some threads about accidental drops on various Android forums, and they all suggest that something inside came loose. There are several instructions and videos on how to take it apart, but I'm worried I'll damage something even further. Our IT guys will see if they can do something, or forward it to a repair shop.

I am kicking myself for not placing it in it's usual carrier case, but I had too many documents and other things to carry, so I put it in the bag. Now I want to take the bag (brand new it was!) and cut it up for being so shoddily made.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
citac
Fanatic

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a factory reset from my computer?

Tags
asus transformer, tf101