Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
pspvhp
pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.2
screen flashing kindle touch

hi everyone!
I have a kindle touch v 5.1.2.
I want to disable the page-refresh-flash but i don't know how to do it.
This thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142848 has the same problem but it for k3. help me.
: Cảm ơn:: Cảm ơn:

Last edited by pspvhp; 05-06-2013 at 10:30 AM.
pspvhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Even disabling it, it will still flash every 6 or so pages. Most people, after a week or so, don't even notice the page flash anymore.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah really.

I don't now. It's so "minisculey" distracting and fast that is is not worth the effort anymore.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
Staphoent
Connoisseur
Staphoent began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW2
I would really like to be able to do this on PW3, does anybody know how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspvhp View Post
hi everyone!
I have a kindle touch v 5.1.2.
I want to disable the page-refresh-flash but i don't know how to do it.
This thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142848 has the same problem but it for k3. help me.
: Cảm ơn:: Cảm ơn:
Staphoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yeah really.

I don't now. It's so "minisculey" distracting and fast that is is not worth the effort anymore.
Faster than turning a real paper page, even...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphoent View Post
I would really like to be able to do this on PW3, does anybody know how?
I think there is a /sys poke that looked like it had a promising name for that function. I will look, if I remember, next time I am browsing the /sys files... Or you could browse them with USBnet.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:29 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The second portion of this post contains the command needed to show the hidden reagl menu, where you'll be able to push the timers a bit.

As was repeatedly said, even on reagl devices, no flash at all is a *terrible* idea, but, hey, your device, your choice .

FWIW, this is *probably* FW >= 5.5 specific, but I haven't bothered to check, because, again, the defaults rules .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #8
Staphoent
Connoisseur

thanks for that script, i managed to get it working but it only changed the frequency of the flash to black for normal book reading which was set to very low anyway by the options int he kindle settings menu.

It still however flashes to black when doing any navigating on the kindle, and every page with images in a book, and every page on a pdf. Do you know of anyway to disable the full refresh like in the kvncviewer where you can change the full refresh parameter to 0. I use my kindle with that setup as a pc monitor and i really like it, the ghosting does appear but it soon dissapears once it displays page that has pixels in the opposite colour to the ghosting..

the flash to black/full screen update really affects me even when navigating through my files on the kindle. It gives me a form of motion sickness, thats why i would love to use my kindle without it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The second portion of this post contains the command needed to show the hidden reagl menu, where you'll be able to push the timers a bit.

As was repeatedly said, even on reagl devices, no flash at all is a *terrible* idea, but, hey, your device, your choice .

FWIW, this is *probably* FW >= 5.5 specific, but I haven't bothered to check, because, again, the defaults rules .
Old 06-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #9
geekmaster

FYI, top-posting (posting your reply at the top instead of the bottom of a reply) is generally not customary here. You can avoid problems by sticking to the customary style. I got chewed out for top-posting here long ago...
Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 AM   #10
Staphoent
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
FYI, top-posting (posting your reply at the top instead of the bottom of a reply) is generally not customary here. You can avoid problems by sticking to the customary style. I got chewed out for top-posting here long ago...

oh ok, thanks
Old 06-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No simple solution (besides overloading ioctls via a preload hack, àla Kobo nightmode) springs to mind, if the ligl stuff doesn't apply for your usecase..
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f.f.g.h.h