Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
[FIXED] Russ'd 300--can't flash prs+ or original firmware

[Update -- tried again to flash PRS+ and this time it finally worked! Not sure what changed over the 4-5 previous attempts.]

Got a problem trying to install PRS+ on my 300 that was Russified a while back. Trying to install the current 2.0.12beta: copied prspinstaller folder to root, unplugged usb, installer comes up with language selection screen, but pressing '6' for English does nothing--none of the buttons work at all.

I did a hard reset of the 300, and re-copied the flasher folder but same result. Also tried reflashing the original 300 firmware (using the "uninstaller_300" folder from the prs+ project page. This flasher starts up, but then encountered an error when flashing. Now this flasher does nothing when pressing '6' to flash. I've done various resets and hard resets in-between, removed each flasher folder, recopied them, etc. The Reader often freezes on the flasher screen--some combination of the power button, reset button, and connecting to usb eventually lets the Reader restart.

Any ideas on how to get PRSP on my 300? Are there any other files I need to remove from my root folder on the 300? (Not sure what's supposed to be there--right now there are database, Documents, and tmp folders.)

BTW, the Reader is fully charged. I even do much of the copying/rebooting with the PSP power plug in.

Last edited by DrMoze; 09-06-2011 at 02:12 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote