Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle ignores tab character- does this include calibre's option

I like to read my books with no space between paragraphs and a tab at the beginning of each paragraph. Fewer page turns, more on each page, etc. I understand that the Kindle ignores tab characters in a book. If I do a conversion using Calibre that gets rid of space between paragraphs and adds in the space at the beginning of the paragraph, is that space a tab character or a number of space characters? I just want to know if Kindle will detect and print it or if I should leave my library in the other format. Thanks!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
If I do a conversion using Calibre that gets rid of space between paragraphs and adds in the space at the beginning of the paragraph, is that space a tab character or a number of space characters?
I think it’s an actual indent, not spaces or tabs.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert