Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
WiFi problem

I'm having strange problems with wifi on my Glo.

After opening web browser device scans for networks and after choosing one I enter password and press "join". Glo supposedly connects to wifi but when I try to enter any web address I get an error that there was a problem with network and i must connect again. And again because that doesn't help. And again.. In fact it doesn't connect at all. I don't know how I got connected once so I logged on to facebook.

I tried 3 different networks:
1. with no SSID broadcast, wpa2 security, n
2. with SSID broadcasted, wpa2, n
3. with SSID broadcasted, open network, g or b can't remeber - that was actually detected by Glo as a public hotspot and deviced said that it will be treated like a public network. After connection Glo loaded webpage where I should login to get access to web but when I tried, it again gave an error and asked to connect again.

1st and 2nd networks were on the same decive - my home router tp-link 1043nd with Gargoyle sotfware. 3rd is a D-Link hotspot in my work.

So, does anybody had any similiar problems? What should I try to do with it?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote