Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
free (Kindle) Norman Spinrad screenplay- Bug Jack Barron- (SciFi Geeks)

Okay, this one is for SciFi geeks primarily (and I guess I am one....)
at Amazon, free Feb 24-26, Norman Spinrad's screenplay version of his SciFi novel Bug Jack Barron
http://www.amazon.com/JACK-BARRON--s...0099682&sr=1-2

Please note, this is not the original novel, but a screenplay treatment he produced for Universal. I haven't read this novel in decades, but I'll bet it's still on my bookshelf as one of the classics that I couldn't even consider parting with even though it's a tattered paperback. Less SciFi and more Thriller than Spinrad's typical vein, if that makes sense, and frequently mentioned as the book that made Spinrad a major SF name.
Sprinrad tells a strange story that Universal optioned this decades ago, and has hung onto the movie rights ever since (despite questionable terms and offers to buy the rights), solely because of it's value as a tax deduction. Sprinrad also says it was listed in a book titled THE 100 GREATEST FILMS Never Made. My memory agrees with this-- I remember thinking that it was a natural for a film the first time I read it.
Anyway, for Scifi geeks, here's a rare chance! I have no doubt that Spinrad is offering this out of his long frustration that a movie version seems doomed, and wants to share it with the world.

KentE

Last edited by KentE; 02-25-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Implied something I didn't mean to!
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote