Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Question What's the best way to sync two iPads with one iTunes or Mac

Well, made several IT "moves" at home this weekend...

Finally bought an iPad 2 for my wife, the white one . She was debating, long time, between Kindle 3 vs iPad, but after a short getaway we had, she just felt for the iPad when saw battery life, Magazines, etc. A happy wife now!

Anyway, I sold my current Asus netbook, Kindle DXG and Galaxy Tab and bought a Mac Air instead that we will share for light desktop usage and iTunes sync for our iPads (will keep it or buy a netbook PC depending of performance and learning curve, lol )

My question is, what is the best way to sync the two iPads with that only netbook? I don't want to mix iTunes accounts and keep our stuff separate. We also one to keep one user for logins. I'm proficient on Linux and Windows, but this is my 1st Mac, and I'm kind of lost ...

Regarding the Kindle, I think we will be using one account only, mine, but I am open to suggestions or comments from others with similar situation.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by jocampo; 07-09-2011 at 11:54 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Create separate logins will help keep lots of things separate but using one login will make it practically impossible.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm...

I suggested that, but she does not like the idea or log off, log on. However, I saw online something about remapping the iTunes file for each iTunes login, need to test or validate ...
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
iTunes should be able to use one login and keep the two devices separate and allow you to each set what you want synced to which device. That's the way it works on mine, anyway.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
deleted
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
iTunes should be able to use one login and keep the two devices separate and allow you to each set what you want synced to which device. That's the way it works on mine, anyway.
Ah, yes, you can sync two devices with different content if you only have one master list of items. But I don't know how you could have two master lists with one account.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
It wouldn't be any different than having an ipad and an iphone. I'd suggest setting each device to manually sync music/movies/apps or you're each going to get all the content the other moves to your ipad.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline

Thanks for the suggestions

Hi folks,

Thanks for the answers so far.

Found this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1495

I am following method #3 but I think I will leave wife's account always signed on iTunes. I barely sync mine anyway. Wanted to share the link though, in case someone else is interested.

Happily surprised with the overall performance of the MacBook air. The SSD really helps a lot when running out of RAM or doing paging. I noticed min or no lag when heavily loaded. Sync my HP corporate emails with MS Office was a breeze! Still doing some testing but I think I will keep it. I have no SD card port though, not for the 11", which is the model I bought, bummer! I will have to use a USB SD card adapter I have.

Last edited by jocampo; 07-10-2011 at 12:45 PM.