Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #241
Fotofriese
Fotofriese began at the beginning.

Device: none
There are some other German ebook stores which would be interesting to see under GetBooks as they often offer high discounts on ebooks:

www.thalia.de
www.weltbild.de
www.hugendubel.de
www.buecher.de
www.pageplace.de/de/bucher.html

Good ebook store in general:
http://www.ciando.com

Perhaps you will find the time to implement one or the other...
Thanks in Advance
Fotofriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #242
canonymous
canonymous began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/iPad
Would it be possible to add the University of Adelaide?

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au

Thank you very much
canonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #243
James M JAmes
James M JAmes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
I'm most interested in getting content from Australia & NZ. I know Angus & Robertson is one such (http://www.angusrobertson.com.au), I see there is also an Australian Gutenberg site (see gutenberg.net.au/). I have no dealings with any of these so can't comment on if they are good to deal with.

I would also like to see links to Canadian Amazon (Amazon.ca) and the Sony reader for Canada.

I got very confused by the 'search' feature of 'Get books' - it took a long while to realise I was searching what was already listed instead of doing an online web search. I could not understand why no aparaent action was taking place and I was not getting any results!
James M JAmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #244
Thomas_W
Thomas_W began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
i am also interested into
www.thalia.de
www.weltbild.de
www.hugendubel.de
www.buecher.de
www.pageplace.de

those stores are the favourite ones for the new tolino e-book-reader

Thomas_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #245
James M JAmes
James M JAmes began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James M JAmes View Post
I'm most interested in getting content from Australia & NZ. I know Angus & Robertson is one such (http://www.angusrobertson.com.au), I see there is also an Australian Gutenberg site (see gutenberg.net.au/). I have no dealings with any of these so can't comment on if they are good to deal with.

I would also like to see links to Canadian Amazon (Amazon.ca) and the Sony reader for Canada.

I got very confused by the 'search' feature of 'Get books' - it took a long while to realise I was searching what was already listed instead of doing an online web search. I could not understand why no aparaent action was taking place and I was not getting any results!
The response I got from Angus & Robertson was not encouraging:
"Yes our ebooks are DRM. For Sony eReaders you would need to use Reader for PC.
If you are purchasing from overseas then our eBooks may not work. We can unfortunately only guarantee that they will work within Australian territories. If you are based outside of Australia then we can only recommend that you seek a supplier in your country as they will be able to guarantee the ability of the eBooks that they sell to be downloaded by you."
James M JAmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:57 AM   #246
phillro
phillro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Gutenberg gone

My Calibre seems not to be able to Get Books from Project Gutenberg. PG is on the list of stores, but no book is ever found in it now. This is a new phenomenon. Any ideas why?
phillro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #247
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillro View Post
My Calibre seems not to be able to Get Books from Project Gutenberg. PG is on the list of stores, but no book is ever found in it now. This is a new phenomenon. Any ideas why?
Moderator Notice
Moved post to the Get Books thread so it will attract the attention of the developers. You might also want to submit a bug report.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #248
phillro
phillro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
This got moved to a Get Books thread, and might have got ignored. Does anyone have any suggestion as to why there are no books identified from Project Gutenberg? I could Get books from there a couple of months ago.
phillro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #249
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This got moved to a Get Books thread, and might have got ignored. Does anyone have any suggestion as to why there are no books identified from Project Gutenberg? I could Get books from there a couple of months ago.
I just checked this out and search by Title is not working for the Project Gutenberg store, but search by author or keyword works fine.

If you don't get a response follow my previous suggestion about submitting a bug report.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #250
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Do not submit a bug report for Gutenberg. They asked us to change how we integrate with them. It is working properly. What you're seeing is what they're choosing to return to calibre. Take the short comings of their OpenSearch implementation up with them.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #251
sws
Enthusiast
sws began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Touch HD3
Adding new book stores in Calibre

Hi,

is it possible to add new ebook stores to the list of already existing ebook stores in Calibre?

Greetngs,
Sebastian
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #252
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
is it possible to add new ebook stores to the list of already existing ebook stores in Calibre?
Yes.

Moderator Notice
I moved your post to the Get Books sticky thread. Read the first post for info on new store requests.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #253
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
I noticed that after using Calibre to look for books on PG my IP address had been banned by PG for using a "robot" or similar automated system. I have twice had to have the ban removed and have now stopped using Calibre to trawl PG.

Have you tried accessing PG from a web browser to make sure your address hasn't been banned.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #254
morslucis
morslucis began at the beginning.

Hi,
First I want to say thanks for this great Program.
and then suggest a new store:

Bye
morslucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #255
Jaman
Jaman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
It would be great to get the following Swiss Bookstores in Calibre

http://www.books.ch/eBooks
http://www.exlibris.ch/de/ebooks/
Jaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags