Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
I can't even get the cover out of my new HD! I'm using my fingernail to pry it but I'm afraid to pull too hard.
Use your fingernail from the bottom, not the top. There's a slight space in the bottom.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Finally got it, thanks!
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
Noetic_Hatter
Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noetic_Hatter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook HD+
Just picked up an HD+ yesterday, and I am really enjoying it so far. I was tempted to try and root it so I could sideload Amazon Video and Google Play. But I bricked a $250 Nook Tablet almost exactly a year ago, trying to do the same. (well, back then I wanted Kindle and Comixology) I am clearly not to be trusted, so I think I will run this one stock for a bit.

I loaded about 150 epubs on it, to go with my 35 or so B&N purchases. You have to sort into shelves one at a time, but it didn't take me that long. Reading is a pleasure, including one persnickety PDF I accidentally bought from Kobo. It displays comics as CBZ very nicely, though for the first time I would be okay if they were PDF, too. I loaded a few low quality MP4 videos, and it played those well. Haven't tried a larger, HD quality mp4 yet -- I suspect it will be aces.

Dropbox and Goodreads work great. It even streams my dropbox-stored videos, something my iPhone 4S will only do for 15 min a file. (It might only be 15 min, but it didn't warn me of that fact the way the iOS app did.)

Went back to B&N today and bought a cover. The thing's def a fingerprint magnet. If I had it to do over, I would have paid a few extra bucks for a "designer" cover with cloth rather than the basic vinyl-like one I got.
Noetic_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought some cheap screen protectors from Amazon that work great. I also bought a real leather cover from ebay for $15. It even has the magnets in it that turn my HD+ on and off as I open and close the cover.

Rooting is very simple once you feel like you want to do it. There's files on the XDA Developers site that you copy onto an SD card, then just boot from the card. From the boot menu, choose to run the rooter file, and there's one to unroot as well. Shut it off, take the card out and you're done.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #35
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I bought some cheap screen protectors from Amazon that work great. I also bought a real leather cover from ebay for $15. It even has the magnets in it that turn my HD+ on and off as I open and close the cover.

Rooting is very simple once you feel like you want to do it. There's files on the XDA Developers site that you copy onto an SD card, then just boot from the card. From the boot menu, choose to run the rooter file, and there's one to unroot as well. Shut it off, take the card out and you're done.
Would you mind posting a link for the cover?

I agree rooting was very simple.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #36
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Got a HD+ before the weekend. Had it rooted within 30 minutes...
I'm perfectly happy running rooted stock. As long as I can get the apps I want on it.
I bought it mainly to be able to read magazines easier, and also the odd catalog now and then. I love the 7" Tablet, but I felt I needed something a little bit bigger for magazines and some other books like travel guides and cook books that I happened to have.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #37
kevinp
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Would you mind posting a link for the cover?

I agree rooting was very simple.
Apache
Here's the link.

For anyone looking at this post after the link goes dead, do a search on ebay for a seller named crazy_ichiban.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #38
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. They look well made.
Apache
Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #39
kevinp
Fanatic

I got a black one and I really like it.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #40
Apache
Readaholic

Black is my favorite color.
Apache
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So who will be buying or bought one in the last few days?

I already have the hd+ but I rarely bought anything from their nook store. Bought the 360 cover from them this morning though for $25.
I

Last edited by robertc88; 05-06-2013 at 02:16 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #42
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I ordered an HD+ yesterday. The price + access to the Google Store was the decider. I couldn't pass up a deal like that.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #43
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Picked up a HD+ yesterday. I still have the original Nook Color so the HD+ is a good complement. With the addition of Google play store and the price drop, it really is a no brainer for me. I don’t need camera or GPS; I have that on my iPhone/iPad. I also have a wifi hotspot that allows tethering up to 8 devices on the go so no need for 3g/4g either.

The HD+ screen is simply amazing and I’ve really enjoyed the larger screen for reading magazines. The first app that I downloaded from the Play store is Kindle. Then I replaced most of the nook apps such as Facebook and Flipboard with the Google version. I am loving my low cost yet high performance tablet/ereader – simply the best buy of the year.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #44
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Wow... lot of people buying the HD now ... and lot of users installing Kindle app as well, incuding me ...

;-)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow... lot of people buying the HD now ... and lot of users installing Kindle app as well, incuding me ...

;-)
I have the Nook app on my Kindle Fire
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote