Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
The Fire got extinguished. Tablet is dead, refuses to start

I'm not joking. The tablet does not start.

And it's kind of funny, because It happened after I played with the new Nook Tablet a few hours ago. Maybe it got jealous? hahahaha ...

It had 30 percent when I left. Hmmm ... let's see ... I think I will leave ot charging overnight and check tomorrow.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found this thread on Amazon ...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...TxHE93GBFHNNT0

big coincidence, I bought mine at Target as well ...
Old 11-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I'm not joking. The tablet does not start.

And it's kind of funny, because It happened after I played with the new Nook Tablet a few hours ago. Maybe it got jealous? hahahaha ...

It had 30 percent when I left. Hmmm ... let's see ... I think I will leave ot charging overnight and check tomorrow.
Hell hath no fury like a Kindle scorned.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
You did hold down the power button for a long time, say 10 seconds, and then try again?
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
i think it's 20s to factory reset
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
i think it's 20s to factory reset
You're right, it is 20 seconds.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
You did hold down the power button for a long time, say 10 seconds, and then try again?
-- UPDATE --

Yes, did not work.

However, tried several times, spacing it for a few min and finally started few min ago. I now have serious concerns about the hardware integrity of this unit. Honestly, thinking in exchange or even return.

By the way, no! Was no low battery.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It could be a defective batch. Seeing both of you got yours from the same store. If it happens again contact Kindle support. First I would do a factory reset. Any app you install could be to blame as well. Just keep an eye on it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #9
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
PRess and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
You got the Kindle Lemon! You went down the wrong aisle @ target.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
-- UPDATE --

Yes, did not work.

However, tried several times, spacing it for a few min and finally started few min ago. I now have serious concerns about the hardware integrity of this unit. Honestly, thinking in exchange or even return.

By the way, no! Was no low battery.
+ the battery indicator usually needs to go through several cycles before it is reasonably accurate.

also, how are you charging it? With the provided power adapter or through your computer USB? (I'm finding the computer USB to not be very useful at charging at all...)

Last edited by kennyc; 11-28-2011 at 07:04 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Did this just start or did it start after you installed a particular App? Did the Fire freeze and you needed to do a hard power down? Not saying this is the case, just curious.

This brings up a concern of mine to which I haven't found the answer yet. What if you needed to do a recovery on the Fire beyond a normal reset? A couple of months back my Viewsonic gTab failed to "turn on" and I called customer support. Luckily, there was a recovery partition on the gTab that was initiated by pressing the power button while holding down the volume and I was able to recover the Android OS with no problem since. I hope the USB port on the Fire is for more than just transferring files.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-28-2011 at 09:24 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Did this just start or did it start after you installed a particular App? Did the Fire freeze and you needed to do a hard power down? Not saying this is the case, just curious.

This brings up a concern of mine to which I haven't found the answer yet. What if you needed to do a recovery on the Fire beyond a normal reset? A couple of months back my Viewsonic gTab failed to "turn on" and I called customer support. Luckily, there was a recovery partition on the gTab that was initiated by pressing the power button while holding down the volume and I was able to recover the Android OS with no problem since. I hope the USB port on the Fire is for more than just transferring files.
I think holding down the power button makes it goes into Factory reset.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Charge overnight and then start it up. Then do a reset by holding the power button for 20 seconds.

You probably got a unit with a drained battery and will be in perfect shape if you do as stated.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think holding down the power button makes it goes into Factory reset.
One thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the lack of clear, detailed documentation!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote