Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
micromirko
Enthusiast
micromirko began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
Boox 60 dead after 2 Days standby

Hi there!

I have a big problem: my Boox is dead. I switched it into standby mode and forgot about it. 2 Day's later when i wanted to read i discovered the standby screen. Whatever i did, nothing brought the Boox back to life yet.

What i tried:

recharge 1/2 Day
Switch on (several times)
Reset (several times)
switch and reset in combination with pressing the OK button
switch on with power cable connected
at last i
ripped off the Battery to drain all Power from it. (i checked it with a multimeter - seems to be ok)

Now i'm unsure how long should i wait until i attach the Battery again in order to give it another try?

Any experiences?

Last edited by micromirko; 08-24-2011 at 02:46 AM.
micromirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
studiosus
studiosus doesn't litterstudiosus doesn't litter

Device: several devices
Hi micromirko, have you found any solutions to your problem? Mine Boox M90 stopped working too, and nothing seems to help.
studiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiosus View Post
Hi micromirko, have you found any solutions to your problem? Mine Boox M90 stopped working too, and nothing seems to help.
How long have you tried to charge it on the wall charger?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
micromirko
Enthusiast

@studiosus: no solution so far - onyx asked to try to switch it on without battery installed while connected with the charger - didn't work. They said that otherwise the hardaware is probably damager... wait if they ask to send it for repair...

@pidgeon92: I charge it via USB cable from the Hub. I charged about half a day - finally the light turned off - a sign that it's fully charged. I checkes with the Multimeter - seems to be ok.

Last edited by micromirko; 08-30-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would try charging it via the wall charger for at least four hours, then try starting it up again.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
micromirko
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I would try charging it via the wall charger for at least four hours, then try starting it up again.
The Battery is fully loaded - even while connected to the charger it doesnt start.

What kind of electronics could get damaged when the battery gets empty? I have no idea...
Old 09-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard

Well, the unit could simply fail, these things do happen.

Ereaders generally are not made to bypass the battery, so trying to turn it on when it is on the charger and the battery is completely dead is not going to work.

I've found my M90 battery often dies when in sleep mode for a couple of days, and recharging it on the wall charger for several hours has always resulted in it working again. On occasion, I do need to reset it to get it to boot all the way up.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
micromirko
Enthusiast

Quote:
... On occasion, I do need to reset it to get it to boot all the way up.
I'd be happy if Reset would work...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard

I don't know what to tell you. Is the charge light coming on when you plug it in? If not, the battery may be the thing that has failed.

Are you still in the warranty period?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Too bad what happens with you, guys... I have just canceled my onyx boox order and waiting for a reliable manufacturer and model.
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
micromirko
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. Is the charge light coming on when you plug it in? If not, the battery may be the thing that has failed.

Are you still in the warranty period?
It's 1 1/2 Years old - im not sure wether i'm still in the warranty period. At least i bought it in Germany were we do have a 3 Year Period....

The charge Light turns on as soon i plug in the charger (usb) and stays on a while until it's fully charged as usual. And as i stated in my previous post: i checked the Battery - seems to be ok. Anyway - it doesn't even start while connected to the charger with or without the battery connected.... crap...
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
pidgeon92
Wizard

You must try charging it on a wall charger instead. It often makes all the difference.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
micromirko
Enthusiast

Quote:
You must try charging it on a wall charger instead. It often makes all the difference.
But... the Battery is fully charged what's the difference between (usb-charged) full and (wall-charged) full???

Nevertheless: I tried what you suggested and ... IT WORKS AGAIN !!!!!!!

Wooohoooooooooooooooooo - unbelieveable !!!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
pidgeon92
Wizard

I have no idea why it makes a difference.... I just know know from experience that I often don't get a full and proper charge on my Boox or my Sony unless it has been on the wall charger for a few hours.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
micromirko
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have no idea why it makes a difference.... I just know know from experience that I often don't get a full and proper charge on my Boox or my Sony unless it has been on the wall charger for a few hours.
I'll never forget this! You've been the one who saved me!

Thank you so very much !!!! I whish i could do something in return!