Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
FujinTux
FujinTux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Own files copy to Glo HD

I just bought a Kobo Glo HD. Fine device, but can I also copy own file to it? I have a PC with Linux Mint 17.3 and possibly a MS Windows 7 machine. Should I use Kobo Desktop and Calibre?
FujinTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
As long as your Linux machine can mount and read/write to FAT32 partitions, then you're fine. You can use Kobo Desktop, Calibre or just plain copy your ebook files to the Kobo and it should be able to see them.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
You can copy ebooks to the Kobo just as you would copy files to a USB stick, but don't use the .kobo or .kobo-images directory (or any other directory beginning with a dot), just copy them to the root or create your own directory.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
effnflowers
Enthusiast
effnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blueeffnflowers can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I just received my H2O and copied epub files using the file manager. I'll dig into Calibre next week. I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 and when I plugged the Kobo into the computer it was recognized as an external drive. After I clicked on the Kobo in file manager I pressed CTRL + H to show the hidden files then I created a new folder called Books. I pasted the epubs in to the Books folder then clicked the Eject icon on the left side of the file manager. The H2O said it was disconnecting then a processing message popped up. Once the messages went away I browsed to the library and there were my books.

Good luck.
effnflowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, glo hd, linux mint