Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Smile Hello from Western Canada

Hello all,
I'm in Western Canada, and I've been thinking about getting an ebook reader for months, frequently ending up here when I've been Googling. I'm trying to figure out if I'd use one enough to justify the cost, and what the best choice is. I'm looking for something that works with ebooks but also with PDFs and html.

Anyway, it seems like a great community!
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome aboard, and check out the "Ebook Devices" and "Which one should I buy" .......whichever one you decide on, you won't be sorry!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Welcome, RWJ!

Your search would seem easy enough, except for the PDF requirement. That is the Holy Grail search. Some books come formatted in PDF especially for the current generation of ereaders, and they are fine, but if you want to read PDF's that are not formatted especially for ereaders, you might be disappointed.

But beyond that, you will love any of the current ereader models available.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, RWJ. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi RWJ and welcome to the Forum.

I agonized over whether to get an eBook reader or not but made the leap back in January and have never regretted it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM   #6
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I'm an academic and most of my reading is journal articles, nearly all of which are available in .pdf format now. There isn't much standardization in terms of formatting, though. Is there any particular reader that handles .pdfs well?
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote