Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
larlarcook
larlarcook began at the beginning.

Device: ipad; kindle
Creating ePub files in InDesign CS5

I'm a freelance typographer and have always set books for "print." However, I now need to convert these to be read on Kindle and on the iPad. I have upgraded to Indesign CS5 and used their conversion process sucessfully.

There are issues with these files that I need to clean up, ie., running heads that are showing up and some page breaks that are not coming through properly. These are files that are just long documents--I did not create them initially using the Book feature. My question is, is it faster to create a new document using the New Book feature and exporting that, or should I used a program like TextWrangler to clean the file up?

If I use a program like TextWrangler, where can I find tutorials to tell me how to clean up these files and what commands to use? I have lots of books that I need to convert and I need to do them as quickly and efficiently as possible and need to know where to go for instruction on how to fix them.
larlarcook is offline   Reply With Quote