Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
kidblue
Connoisseur
kidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PDF notation, screenplay reading - Kindle 3

Hello,

Apologies if this is a totally redundant question. I've done some searching on here and requisite Googling but I can't seem to find a definitive answer or work-flow.

I'm considering a Kindle 3 for reading mostly PDFs, almost all entirely formatted as screenplays. I've read the concern about size, zooming and the fact that horizontal reading is basically my only option and I think I can handle it. It seems as if PDF support in the Kindle 3 has gotten as good as can be and it's useful. I am planning on having the PDFs sent in original format for ease and because I'm concerned that Amazon's conversion will disrupt margins and formatting, which is really important for screenplays. Does anyone have experience with this in particular?

My big concern is with regards to PDF notations. I understand that PDFs loaded via USB or sent without conversion can be notated, but is it possible to export notes or keep them organized?

Thanks,

Noah
kidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Noah.

I would strongly suggest, if you are that into pdf's, you go with the DX.......the k3, while being a wonderful little device, will drive you bug nuts after a while reading all those screenplays.

Many times, Amazon sells 'refurbished' dx's, that carry the full warranty, 30 day return policy, etc that a new one does, for aroud $289. You just have to keep checking.......and the tab must say 'refurbished', not 'used'.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
kidblue
Connoisseur
kidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I appreciate the sentiment, and I've considered the DX, but for my purposes, the 3 will actually suit me. I've seen the examples of screenplays on the smaller screen and I'm pretty confident in being able to handle it, between "young eyes" and the horizontal justification.

It's the PDF notation and less-so any conversion or formatting that I'm concerned with.
kidblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, notes, pdf, screenplays