Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
smith9
smith9 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Smile when will calibre support vector graphics in pdf to epub conversion

I tried calibre for converting pdfs to epub with some success.

It fails to convert some books correctly, I am assuming that the ones that do not convert correctly must contain vector graphics and/or tables, which the help said is not supported.

Will this support be added? I know that both PDF and EPUB support vector graphics and it would be great for the conversion process to handle this.

This would make it a great tool, because iBooks does not yet support highlighting and notes for PDF files.
smith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Probably never. Way too much work
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
billyray
billyray began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
How about just supporting highlighting on legitimate documents? My Sony PRS-950 will do all sorts of annotations within the machine, but there is currently (as far as I can find or figure) no way to get the document out with those markups. If you can make that happen, you will have made me a very happy dude - and enticed another donation from me, and I am sure many others.

As long as I am responding to you, I would add that "collections" support for Sonys would be excellent, too.
billyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyray View Post
As long as I am responding to you, I would add that "collections" support for Sonys would be excellent, too.
What exactly are you referring to? Collections support for Sony ereaders has been at calibre's core for years and has only gotten better with time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
billyray
billyray began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What exactly are you referring to? Collections support for Sony ereaders has been at calibre's core for years and has only gotten better with time.
Well, first off, that was an addendum, so what I was really talking about is annotation support.

As for the collections, you are right. There are collections created through tags. I guess I was thinking more in terms of drag and drop folders, but the tags worked well.
billyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyray View Post
As for the collections, you are right. There are collections created through tags. I guess I was thinking more in terms of drag and drop folders, but the tags worked well.
For those reading this, collections can be created automatically via other avenues beside tags such as series, author_sort, custom columns etc...
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, pdf, table, vector