Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
softshell
softshell began at the beginning.

Device: none
i have plenty of pdf documents that aren't images but actual text and i hope to convert them through calibre to mobi format. do i have anything to worry about? is it only the scanned pages that are causing issues?
softshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by softshell View Post
i have plenty of pdf documents that aren't images but actual text and i hope to convert them through calibre to mobi format. do i have anything to worry about? is it only the scanned pages that are causing issues?
I just converted a PDF book to MOBI using Calibre. It didnt come out good. Especially if you have columns and images in your document. Basically what Calibre does is just extracts plain text and pictures from pdf and put them in mobi format. All the formating like columns will be lost. Converting from PDF is always a pain. What I do is I just cut margins in pdf file if its possible. But even with big DX screen and all the margins removed the text looks quite small on some of the docs I have. I wish wish wish Amazon improved pdf handling and created some kind of reflow ability like other ereaders have.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cpu, drain, memory, pdf, stress