Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
I really like your attitude: you know there is a problem, you know you have the skills to solve it even if the exact details are unknown for you at the moment :-) My trust and hope is on you.
I've attached the file, my "taps" were basically the same as previously.
Thanks!

I've uploaded a new version of libKoboTS.so. The link is the same. I think it should work.

Pls provide me log again if it doesn't...
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
It works. Thank you!
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It works. Thank you!
I've uploaded the new version of Kobo Launcher

Changes:

1. Mouse plugin fixed (Thanks, clsdclsd!!!)
2. Notepad application added. It's very simple, but it can:
* Load/Save files
* Cut/Copy/Paste
* Undo/Redo

The next step - I'll try to not unload (just freeze) the nickel in order to start Kobo Launcher.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 02-07-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #34
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
The next step - I'll try to not unload (just freeze) the nickel in order to start Kobo Launcher.
Sounds good! In the meantime, it would be good to have a power off button next to exit(=reboot). Now, if I want to finish not just my gaming session but using the device, I have to wait for a power cycle.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #35
koenieee
Enthusiast
koenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
sergeyvl12, you can pause nickel using this linux command: kill -STOP <PS NUMBER OF NICKEL>

Then start your custom QT app, after that:
resume it like this: kill -CONT <PS NUMBER OF NICKEL>
It works very good, and the wifi stays connected. The only thing is, that nickel thinks the time has changed and ask you for the right time. Lot more simpler then restarting nickel!
koenieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #36
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenieee View Post
sergeyvl12, you can pause nickel using this linux command: kill -STOP <PS NUMBER OF NICKEL>

Then start your custom QT app, after that:
resume it like this: kill -CONT <PS NUMBER OF NICKEL>
It works very good, and the wifi stays connected. The only thing is, that nickel thinks the time has changed and ask you for the right time. Lot more simpler then restarting nickel!
actually better

killall -STOP nickel
killall -CONT nickel

Sounds good! But I need also implement mouse input grabbing in the touch screen plugin to not allow nickel to process my mouse events when it wake up. I'll try ...

Quote:
Sounds good! In the meantime, it would be good to have a power off button next to exit(=reboot). Now, if I want to finish not just my gaming session but using the device, I have to wait for a power cycle.
Thanks! Will be soon.

P.S. Do somebody have Kobo Mini?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-22-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #37
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

usbnet

The 2 new options are added to KoboLauncher:

1. Usbnet

I've managed to compile g_ether.ko usb gadget network driver for the new (freescale!) kobo Touch/Glo readers. It was absent in /drivers/freescale/usb/gadget (ntx driver from /drivers/ntx/usb/gadget is not suitable for new freescale models).

Ntx (netronix) device users should just copy arcotg_udc.ko and g_ether.ko to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet, replacing original files.

WARNING !!!
This network driver has no RNDIS support and probably will now work under M$ Windows. I've tested it with linux.

1. Start Kobo Launcher
2. Connect USB cable if it is not connected
3. choose "usbnet" option
4. sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.100 on desktop.

You reader has IP: 192.168.2.101.

usbnet works much faster and much stable that wifi!

2. Power off

For now it is just "power off". There is no "power off" screen image for a while. But it is in plans!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #38
clsdclsd
Zealot

Quote:
2. Power off
Thanks for the Power Off option!

About the Usbnet: I have an Ntx model, I can't test your freescale driver. And as I don't have telnet/ssh or ftp enabled on my Touch, I have no use for it anyway. The ping came back nicely using the ntx dirver on the touch and a generic rndis driver on Windows :-)
I just tested it on linux: it works.

Last edited by clsdclsd; 01-24-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #39
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Thanks for the Power Off option!

About the Usbnet: I have an Ntx model, I can't test your freescale driver. And as I don't have telnet/ssh or ftp enabled on my Touch, I have no use for it anyway. (the ping came back nicely using the ntx dirver on the touch and a generic rndis driver under Windows :-))
O, thanks! Good news that it works with Windows.

I can add sshd launch to usbnet/start.sh script ! SSH for me is a good replacement of telnet/ftp
Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #40
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Dear sergeyvl12, nice to find you hear :-)
I am a new Kobo user, and as you know rather un-techie, so I will have to study a bit more about the plugin: but as for your kobolauncher, should it work on the Mini, too?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #41
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Dear sergeyvl12, nice to find you hear :-)
I am a new Kobo user, and as you know rather un-techie, so I will have to study a bit more about the plugin: but as for your kobolauncher, should it work on the Mini, too?
paola, Nice to meed you here!

I suspect that it should work with Mini. 90% that it will work. But for now nobody has confirmed that it works or doesn't work with mini.

I would be grateful if you test KoboLauncher for Mini...
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #42
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
paola, Nice to meed you here!

I suspect that it should work with Mini. 90% that it will work. But for now nobody has confirmed that it works or doesn't work with mini.
Sergey, many thanks - I think I may try the plugin and your launcher tonight - I'lll let you know if it works!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #43
paola
Wizard

hi Sergey,
it works! Only thing, the instructions in the top message should be modified to add that in addition to KoboLauncher, checkers, pbchess-1.2.5, reversi, sokoban there are also notepad, calculator and usbnet to copy in the .kobo directory on the device.

Many thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #44
paola
Wizard

Quote:
The 2 new options are added to KoboLauncher:

1. Usbnet

I've managed to compile g_ether.ko usb gadget network driver for the new (freescale!) kobo Touch/Glo readers. It was absent in /drivers/freescale/usb/gadget (ntx driver from /drivers/ntx/usb/gadget is not suitable for new freescale models).

Ntx (netronix) device users should just copy arcotg_udc.ko and g_ether.ko to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet, replacing original files.

WARNING !!!
This network driver has no RNDIS support and probably will now work under M$ Windows. I've tested it with linux.

1. Start Kobo Launcher
2. Connect USB cable if it is not connected
3. choose "usbnet" option
4. sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.100 on desktop.

You reader has IP: 192.168.2.101.

usbnet works much faster and much stable that wifi!

2. Power off

For now it is just "power off". There is no "power off" screen image for a while. But it is in plans!
Dear Sergey,
i understand it may not work under windows, but if I wanted to try, how should I implement your step 4 above? Or is it impossible to do on a windows machine?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #45
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
hi Sergey,
it works! Only thing, the instructions in the top message should be modified to add that in addition to KoboLauncher, checkers, pbchess-1.2.5, reversi, sokoban there are also notepad, calculator and usbnet to copy in the .kobo directory on the device.
Many thanks!
Thanks, will be updated...

Quote:
Dear Sergey,
i understand it may not work under windows, but if I wanted to try, how should I implement your step 4 above? Or is it impossible to do on a windows machine?
clsdclsd confirmed that it works with Windows (see his post below).
Now I'm far from windows

clsdclsd, can we ask you to share instructions how to setup windows usb networking?

P.S. Today I'll try to add dropbear ssh server to Kobo launcher.