Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Is there any way to download just the Rating metadata, not the Reviews and Tags.

I want to add Ratings, but I don't want to change my tags or reviews. Is there anyway to do this? When I use the Edit, download social metadata, it does all three.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Go to Preferences -> Plugins -> Metadata download plugins. You can then customize each plugin.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
iridius
Connoisseur

Thanks, I can customize the plugins, but all I see is enable/disable via a check mark the "download social metadata" but ratings, tags and reviews/summaries are all social metadata as far as I understood. I have a lot of books that have good tags, good reviews/summaries but are missing the ratings. I want to add those ratings without changing my good tags and reviews/summaries.

Is there a more detailed or advanced option like that?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridius View Post
Thanks, I can customize the plugins, but all I see is enable/disable via a check mark the "download social metadata"
To customize the plugins you have to go to Preferences - Plugins - Metadata download plugins and customize them (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customize_plugin.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	67172   Click image for larger version

Name:	amazonmetadatadownloadplugin.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	67173  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
iridius
Connoisseur

Okay, so if I disable all the plugins ability to download tags or reviews, then all I'll get is ratings. Cool. Thanks.
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridius View Post
Okay, so if I disable all the plugins ability to download tags or reviews, then all I'll get is ratings. Cool. Thanks.
That's the theory. I know it works to prevent tags being downloaded.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote