Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #31
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I haven't heard yet, either. I wasn't going to worry since the closing date was set as 2/28, and I assume she's pretty busy right now. But I guess it couldn't hurt to follow up with a short email.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up, guys! She got back to me and it turns out my first try didn't get to her. I've re-sent the story, and followed it up with another email, just in case my attachment was somehow causing a problem.

Last edited by cromag; 02-15-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Got a reply.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #32
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
She just posted to another forum...

Quote:
Hi guys, just popping in to say hello and stuff but...

More important! I've been offline for a couple of days (i have a dongle thingie to keep me online during the move but the British storms are hitting here big time and totally knocking it out). Anyway, there were two messages asking me if I'd recieved their work, and I hadnt!! So if you have not heard back from me by Monday (I'm trawling through my other folders in the meantime just in case) then assume I have NOT had it. I can only apologise and blame gmail. I WILL respond even if only to say I have it, so you should have heard from me!
Thank you all so much for your patience!
Very best wishes during the mega floods
SW
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #33
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
My dear, can't you increase the word limit by another 1k? I already have an original unpublished short story (ghosts) on my hard drive and it is 2125 words.

Otherwise, I guess I'd have to write a new one again.
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #34
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't believe the editor is a member here at MR.

This deep into it I'm pretty sure the specs aren't going to change.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #35
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarlowe View Post
My dear, can't you increase the word limit by another 1k? I already have an original unpublished short story (ghosts) on my hard drive and it is 2125 words.

Otherwise, I guess I'd have to write a new one again.
Sorry, but I don't say over the rules. I just sharing the opportunity I found. That being said - I suspect we can all guess that at this stage (3 anthology) with only a few days left - they are not going to change any rules.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #36
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yes on Word attachment. The current anthology is formated like a traditional book - with paragraph indents. So that is what I would submit in.

You may have already stated this, but should the submission be in RTF format?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You may have already stated this, but should the submission be in RTF format?
As far as I know they want Word documents with as clean of formatting as you can. Since Word can open RTF, that might be okay, but I am all about making it as easy on them as possible, so I would suggest you said a Word doc in.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As far as I know they want Word documents with as clean of formatting as you can. Since Word can open RTF, that might be okay, but I am all about making it as easy on them as possible, so I would suggest you said a Word doc in.

Thank you.

A word doc would then be a .docx
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #39
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you.

A word doc would then be a .docx
Or .doc I only use docx anymore as the days of issues with compatibility them seem behind us. I did sent a query in for the official answer to this question, but I sent in Word documents and both were accepted so at least that much is good.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Or .doc I only use docx anymore as the days of issues with compatibility them seem behind us. I did sent a query in for the official answer to this question, but I sent in Word documents and both were accepted so at least that much is good.

OK. -- Thank you, once again.

ADDED: Now submitted.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #41
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
My story has now been accepted!
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #42
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
My story has now been accepted!
Excellent.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #43
VydorScope
Wizard

heheh. I know of SIX people know in the anthology directly because of me, 7 if I include myself. Can anyone say takeover? MUHAHAHAHAH
Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #44
cromag

Still no word, one way or the other. I'm getting a bit nervous.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #45
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Still no word, one way or the other. I'm getting a bit nervous.

What is the title of your story? I can message her outside of email and verify recite.