Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
EnergyLens
Hack
EnergyLens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
Recipe to generate book (not periodical) ??

Is there a way that I can get Calibre to generate a book (.MOBI for Kindle) that is NOT in periodical format??

I host modified (via Scrapbook) web content on my local web server (Mac Web Sharing) and write recipes to create collections of my favorite web content.

These are not NEWS collections, per se, but collections of related content that happens to come from the web.

Is there any way to tell calibre NOT to generate ebooks that are NOT periodicals so that I can add these books to collections?

Thanks!
EnergyLens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not via a recipe. Though you can achieve the same effect by setting your output profile to something non Kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
tylau0
Connoisseur
tylau0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If you don't mind modifying the recipe, you may consider overriding a function as suggested here.
tylau0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylau0 View Post
If you don't mind modifying the recipe, you may consider overriding a function as suggested here.
@tylau0 - That code looks useful enough to put into the Re-usable code sticky thread in Recipes. Would you be willing to write it up and put it there so others can find it easily? Unlike most other stickies, the Re-usable code sticky is open to all.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
tylau0
Connoisseur
tylau0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
That's a good suggestion. I've post that in the reusable code sticky thread here.
Thanks!
tylau0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylau0 View Post
That's a good suggestion. I've post that in the reusable code sticky thread here.
Thanks!
Some people won't understand the difference between an ebook and a "periodical" since (as I understand it) it only applies to Kindles. Those without a Kindle probably won't understand what that code is intended to do. I added a brief note to your post. If it's not clear, or you disagree with the content, let me know and I'll change it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, periodical