Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
Marian
Marian is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 1 & 3, Dell Axim x51v, Iliad.
Hello People.

I dont know if I'm doing this posting right, but as I've been lurking here for some time now, I thought it was time I registered and introduced myself.
I dont know a great deal about computers and some of the "Tech Language", but I am enjoying myself learning.
I love reading, mostly historical romances and I was thrilled when I first discovered ebooks. I also enjoy trying out the the gadgets.
My first reader I purchased was a Franklin ebm 911 which was OK, but then I found the eReader site and wanted books from there so I purchased a Palm Tungsten E2. This was a revelation and I loved it. However I did notice my eyes were getting very tired, so back on the trawl I have been watching out for the new eInk devices but they seem to be dragging out forever their release dates. So in May this year I purchased a Cybook from Bookeen and I have found this to be very good, not a great battery life, but I tend to read mostly at home with it plugged into the power cord so it is no hardship.
The one drawback was I could'nt read eReader books with it So out came the wallet, and I purchased a Dell Axim x51v. So now I think I have all bases covered, with the Axim having eReader, MS Reader and Mobipocket. I did'nt have any luck with DRM'd books in the Adobe Reader format And I haven't had any success trying to put that great Ubook reader programme on it.
Still,I'm learning all the time. For the moment Cybook is my main reader with the Axim being second, but I still can't stop myself looking out for the Einks.
This is turning out to be an expensive hobby,I think I've got an addiction but I am not going to rehab!
Marian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Well!
You are home !
At least you have e-readers. I don't even own one and have dreamed of one since the sixties, while watching an episode of Star Trek. Having diminishing eyesight I believe the only worthwhile reader yet is an e-ink based tool. I'm finally seeing the proverbial light, we're almost there...
Again...welcome!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Marian
Marian is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 1 & 3, Dell Axim x51v, Iliad.
Thank You. You have been waiting a long time for the einks, I hope they live up to your expectations.
I'm still so new at all this technical stuff I get excited over yesterdays gadgets. I feel as though I've just come out of the stone age.
Marian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Keeping up with tech is almost a job, for instance, just yesterday's news about an Amazon reader, blink or skip a day and you miss it!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote