Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #46
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Which also means that you can't put it into your library to read later - you must download it immediately, in every format you might ever want, and keep track of it yourself.

I greatly prefer either "set it your own price" or a coupon code for the free download.
That is true, but it only applies to people who don't have the accounts set up. Since Smashwords isn't universal in its existence (yet), there are more than a few people leery of hanging out on a site that they are unfamiliar with, much less providing any personal information to it. Not saying it's logical or reasonable; Smashwords isn't a household name, like Amazon.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #47
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Started reading it last night. So far it's very intense and interesting, but I have noticed an unusual number of errors in the text. Like when you rewrite longer sentences and some orphans get left in there that make no sense.

I hope I can later extract the notes from Stanza on my iPhone to help you hunt them down.

Still, I really enjoy the book so far!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #48
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CribQuilter View Post
WOOOHOOOO SEQUEL!!!! I was disappointed because of ONE thing. IF you want to know I can PM you!! (don't want to spoil it for others!!!)

We have a SPOILER BUTTON.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #49
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sorry, I do not know anything about a spoiler button.
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #50
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Started reading it last night. So far it's very intense and interesting, but I have noticed an unusual number of errors in the text. Like when you rewrite longer sentences and some orphans get left in there that make no sense.

I hope I can later extract the notes from Stanza on my iPhone to help you hunt them down.

Still, I really enjoy the book so far!
Curses, I guess another edit is in order then. Unless it's just bugs in the meat grinder, then there's not a whole lot I can do
Old 03-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #51
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

meat grinder ... you mean format conversion?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #52
Kemp
Zealot

Yeah, the format converter for smashwords is called the Meat Grinder. Properly formatted, there aren't supposed to many conversion errors, but...

I'll still probably take another look at it soon. I'm almost finished with the current project, so it'd be a good time to do it while the other one just simmers quietly.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #53
mores
Guru

Finished it. LOVED it. Excellent style, beautifully written (except for the occasional quirks that I mentioned. Will send you a list), immersive, loveable characters and just a damn good story.
It seems like it's been done before ... elite versus peasants. But the way you created the world your characters live in is amazing.

But, I must say I'm not sure what to think of the end. It finishes the story nicely, but ...

I'd like to know more, maybe how things came to be this way, or maybe what will happen after this book? Sequel/Prequel anyone?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #54
Kemp
Zealot

Sequel is forthcoming. Eventually. At some point =D
Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #55
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thanks for the book! Iʻm looking forward to reading it
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #56
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Just started this. Finally got to it, my reading list is gargantuan. I am enjoying it so far. As originally promised when I finish it I will review it on smashwords.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #57
Kemp
Zealot

Haven: Revised and still Free

For me, anyway, a clean-up of my first novel, Haven, has been in the works for quite a while. Well, it's finished, and the new version is available on Smashwords.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7341

For those of you who already have it, I encourage you to cast aside the dusty old version in favor something a little sleeker, shinier. Sexier. Well, in reality, I fixed a few dozen typos throughout the text and tightened up some of the writing and dialogue.

For those who don't have it and might be interested, I'll drop the short blurb below.

"The Citizens of Haven have finally realized their dream; separation. They have ascended. A new layer has been placed upon the city, sealing anyone they deem unfit down below. In the dark slums beneath the city, something has been set in motion that will usher in a change. Something that will rattle the city of Haven to its core and forever alter the lives of everyone within."

Thanks for reading, folks!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #58
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
thanks, i'll place that in a long tbr list ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #59
Kemp
Zealot

The bizarre and as yet unexplained behavior of Amazon has lead Haven to be listed as free on their website, at least for the time being.

The initial post has been updated with more detail. Pick it up, if you like.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #60
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
The bizarre and as yet unexplained behavior of Amazon has lead Haven to be listed as free on their website, at least for the time being.

The initial post has been updated with more detail. Pick it up, if you like.
Hey Justin

Any plan on a sequel? Really enjoyed Haven
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote