Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
flashgordonv
flashgordonv began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket EBook
LitConverter question

I received my Reader a few days ago and after acquiring some of the many great tools available on this site, set to converting some of my Microsoft Reader books using the LitConverter tool. Most of them convert nicely into one large HTML file and a bunch of bits and pieces and then convert nicely with Book Designer into a single document I can use on the Reader.

Every so often though, a book is converted into 50 or 60 separate HTML documents, in effect a separate document for each chapter. Book Designer then turns each individual chapter into a separate book, which is less than useful.

Any ideas please on how I either stop this happening or else manage to turn all these separate chapters into a single readable Sony book?
flashgordonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
The LIT format allows to have several files inside. Very similar to a Zip file. You need to rework the HTML files into a single file. Some HTML knowledge is required.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgordonv View Post
IAny ideas please on how I either stop this happening or else manage to turn all these separate chapters into a single readable Sony book?
The tool "html2lrf" will handle this type of situation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 AM   #4
flashgordonv

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The tool "html2lrf" will handle this type of situation.
I'm quite new at this. Are there some slightly more explicit instructions I can access as to how to get html2lrf to handle it?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:53 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, I don't know - I've never used the tool myself. I have been told, however, that it will deal with the "each chapter in a separate file" situation that you describe. Best to ask the tool's author, perhaps.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 AM   #6
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I use SoftSnow's HTML merger to combine the many HTML files you sometimes get.

You can get it here:

http://www.dukelupus.pri.ee/softsnow...r/merger.shtml

Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
BookDesigner should be able to open .LIT files directly as long as they're not DRMed.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use CLIT 1.8 to remove the DRM and not to convert the LIT into HTML. Then once the DRM is removed, just load in the LIT directly. No need to worry about HTML and all the files you get. It's a lot easier that way. It's what I do.

One other thing you can do is once you have the key file made for CLIT, just copy it into the Book Designer directory and you should then be able to open your DRM LIT files directly into BD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
I'm quite new at this. Are there some slightly more explicit instructions I can access as to how to get html2lrf to handle it?
Just run html2lrf on the html file containing toc in its name. It will automatically pick up the metadata and generate the LRF file.

EDIT: Released lit2lrf See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6459#post76459

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-22-2007 at 02:26 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #10
flashgordonv

Great Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I use SoftSnow's HTML merger to combine the many HTML files you sometimes get.

You can get it here:

http://www.dukelupus.pri.ee/softsnow...r/merger.shtml

Many thanks, this MERGER tool worked a treat. Appreciate the advice.

JSWOLF - I cannot see how to just Dis-DRM with the ConvertLit tool and not make HTML files. When I fire it up it asks for a file to convert, a place to put the converted file and then it just goes and does it.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Many thanks, this MERGER tool worked a treat. Appreciate the advice.

JSWOLF - I cannot see how to just Dis-DRM with the ConvertLit tool and not make HTML files. When I fire it up it asks for a file to convert, a place to put the converted file and then it just goes and does it.
What you need to get is a copy of CLIT.EXE. and then you can break the DRM without losing the LIT format.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
flashgordonv

Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What you need to get is a copy of CLIT.EXE. and then you can break the DRM without losing the LIT format.
Got it. Fantastic, works a treat. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Does BD keeps italic and bold fonts when converting from LIT to LRF?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Does BD keeps italic and bold fonts when converting from LIT to LRF?
Yes you do get the italics and bold if there are any. And if you download the input/output files for Book Cleaner I posted here then you'll also be able to keep emdashes and fix a few other import issues.

But when you go to make the LRF file, in the seetings for making the LRF, set dashes to as-is.