Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #346
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
New version of the guide (V3!!): it should be idiot-proof (not to be offensive!).

Download link: click to download

Direct link: click to view

Sorry about this long list of version, I'm trying to keep on all misunderstanding!

I added:
- new link to 5.1.0 kernel
- lots of new steps
To be completely idiot-proof, it would have to be the size of a telephone directory, and people already do not read much smaller instruction manuals, and even then somebody will skip a step or type something wrong and blame the problem with YOUR documentation.

If you add too many details and too many steps, you will increase the complexity and the chances of error. But it IS a COMPLETE beginner's guide, so I guess it will have to grow to the size of a telephone directory that nobody will read, to assure that it covers all odd and unlikely corner cases, and so that we can answer all requests for assistance with RTFM answers.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #347
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
To be completely idiot-proof, it would have to be the size of a telephone directory, and people already do not read much smaller instruction manuals, and even then somebody will skip a step or type something wrong and blame the problem with YOUR documentation.

If you add too many details and too many steps, you will increase the complexity and the chances of error. But it IS a COMPLETE beginner's guide, so I guess it will have to grow to the size of a telephone directory that nobody will read, to assure that it covers all odd and unlikely corner cases, and so that we can answer all requests for assistance with RTFM answers.
LOL, I'm doing my best to collect every error made by users and add something in the guide so...YES, it'll became a telephone directory (unless I get tired...)!
RTFM ==>
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #348
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL, I'm doing my best to collect every error made by users and add something in the guide so...YES, it'll became a telephone directory (unless I get tired...)!
RTFM ==>
Perhaps it needs a flowchart with things like "If you see XYZ, please go to step 12,236 on page 937", so that people do not have to read the parts of the manual not relevant to their specific problem set.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #349
mony
mony began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 3G
Quote:
You can ignore a "file not found" error when deleting a file that is already deleted.

In the newest post, you are in /root, which is okay because you fully specified the path to the files. But are we SURE that the image file is at that location and is spelled the same?

What is the output from "ls -al /mnt/us/mmc*"?
i did this order ( ls -al /mnt/us/mmc* ) at putty

and this screen appeared
mony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #350
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perhaps it needs a flowchart with things like "If you see XYZ, please go to step 12,236 on page 937".
What about endless loops?
Clicky
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #351
mony

when i do this command dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K in putty window nothing happen ?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #352
mony

lastly after one month i did it thanks alot thanks very much to geek master and thanks to sliver 18 and his guide really it is wounderful and easy
thanks mobileread team i like mobileread fourms
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #353
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Clicky
And how about Step: 0 - Kickstart head.
My boy dog does that each time after waking from a nap.
Perhaps it isn't such a bad idea for people to do the same.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #354
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mony View Post
when i do this command dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K in putty window nothing happen ?
If you get an error, then something is wrong.

IF YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING, THEN WAIT AS STATED IN STEP 7
Old 06-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #355
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
lastly after one month i did it thanks alot thanks very much to geek master and thanks to sliver 18 and his guide really it is wounderful and easy
Finally we've done!!

PS I used to play MTG...slivers always attracted me!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #356
geekmaster

Quote:
Clicky
Okay, it looks like you need a "rock climbing" section then. (Check out the video in the "spoxbrane" post in the "eink algorithment art scripts" thread.)
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #357
mony

question ? the problem was due to update to 5.1 and installed autorotate
is any update will made this problem or auto rotate was erased by debriking and problem will not happen
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #358
geekmaster

Quote:
I added your report to the list in the first post.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #359
rynax
rynax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
hi,

I tried to follow debricking process.
However after I flashed the diags img and/or kernel files via fastboot, set the bootmode and reboot the device, my Kindle Touch just won't boot into diags mode at all.
It flashed the screen white twice then black and back to the tree screen.

I read that I'll need to use compatible kernel and diags image files, so I tried to use
kernel 5.00 with mmcblk0p2_ssh.img 5.01 (from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/) doesn't work;

also tried to follow the noob friendly "Guide to debrick the Kindle Touch v3" pdf, downloaded the 5.00 kernel and mmcblk0p2_ssh.img from the links inside the document, doesn't work;

tried to use the main_kernel-5.1.0.img and mmcblk0p2_ssh 5.10 from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/ still no luck.

Anyone can tell me what's wrong in my steps/files?
rynax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #360
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynax View Post
hi,

I tried to follow debricking process.
However after I flashed the diags img and/or kernel files via fastboot, set the bootmode and reboot the device, my Kindle Touch just won't boot into diags mode at all.
It flashed the screen white twice then black and back to the tree screen.

I read that I'll need to use compatible kernel and diags image files, so I tried to use
kernel 5.00 with mmcblk0p2_ssh.img 5.01 (from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/) doesn't work;

also tried to follow the noob friendly "Guide to debrick the Kindle Touch v3" pdf, downloaded the 5.00 kernel and mmcblk0p2_ssh.img from the links inside the document, doesn't work;

tried to use the main_kernel-5.1.0.img and mmcblk0p2_ssh 5.10 from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/ still no luck.

Anyone can tell me what's wrong in my steps/files?
You need to match versions for diags partition with diags kernel, and main with main kernel. You were not clear on which kernels you used (main or diags).

Also, you cannot flash a main partition with fastboot. It will report success even though it fails because the image is too big for fastboot protocol.

Tags
debricking