Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #421
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, it can only download to an app. I turned wifi on on my Windows phone, downloaded and installed the app, then plugged it into my computer and transferred them via the audible app on my PC.

I can play them (wifi off FYI, no streaming) but can't find them when I plug the phone into the PC. They must be hidden somehow.
Use Audible on your KF. The files will be on the external data area when you plug it into the PC. Probably under a folder called Android and then Audible (or there in the root, I don't use it on my Androd devices, so I wouldn't know).
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #422
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Also got my first complementary credit through KU. Do I have to cancel anything after the 3 months? I intend to keep KU, but don't want to pay for audible. Would I still be able to listen to KU audiobooks with only paying the $9.99 for KU?
You need to cancel your Audible trial membership before the end of the 3rd month; otherwise, you'll be charged $14.95 for the next month. Do it several days before the next credit is due. That avoids problems with of your interpretation of due dates vs Audible's interpretation.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #423
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
First (estimated) numbers on KU borrows and author payouts:
http://www.publishingtechnology.com/...uthor-earnings

Quote:

Nearly two months on and the service seems to have been well received by readers. So much so that Amazon issued a bulletin to KDP authors announcing it was adding a launch bonus of $500,000 to the $2,000,000 monthly pool of money from which enrolled authors are paid every time a user downloads one of their books and read more than 10% of the content. It also announced that for July it would waive the stipulation that authors only get paid if a reader gets past the 10% point and added a further $285,000 to the fund to pay royalties on books that had been downloaded and opened.

At this point it’s also worth pointing out that this $2,000,000 pot of money also includes the $1,200,000 that was set aside for Amazon’s older lending scheme the Kindle Owners Lending Library. The fact that Amazon launched Kindle Unlimited with a fairly modest bonus pool (only an additional $800,000) and then chose to up its size not just once but twice suggests the service has so far exceeded expectations.
Quote:
While Amazon tries not to release hard numbers about the scheme into the wild, enough KDP authors blog openly about how much they earn from the programme for us to make a few guesses.

June 2014

Total monthly pool = $1,200,000

Estimated payment per borrow = $2.25

Estimated total number of books borrowed in June = 533,333

July 2014

Total monthly pool = $2,785,000

Estimated payment per borrow = $1.80

Estimated total number of books borrowed in July = 1,547,222

Assuming these numbers are accurate, the launch of Kindle Unlimited resulted in Kindle users downloading an extra million books in July 2014.
More at the source.

It should be noted that the per-read payout to the indie authors is roughly equal to the royalties a traditionally published author earns on the sale of a $10 ebook. And that it works out to a 60% payout on a typical $3 indie title.

The real measure of KU success is still to come: how many readers subscribe long term and how many checkouts they consume. If future months show consistent payouts and checkouts, or even pool size growth, the experiment can probably be deemed a success.

Last edited by fjtorres; 09-08-2014 at 12:48 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #424
GameMonsters
GameMonsters doesn't litterGameMonsters doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color, ASUS, Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
In order to get all 3 Audible credits, you must maintain an active KU membership. I plan to terminate KU at the end of the free 30-day trial, so I'll lose the remaining 2 Audible credits.
I don't know if this is an exception ... but after I cancelled my KU membership after 30-day trial was up, I still received the other 2 credits from Audible.
GameMonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #425
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMonsters View Post
I don't know if this is an exception ... but after I cancelled my KU membership after 30-day trial was up, I still received the other 2 credits from Audible.
That would be an exception, because after I cancelled I didn't get the other two credits.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #426
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Who knows of a way to find on their Amazon account page where the subscription dates are located?

I finally found it, under manage your content, settings.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-24-2014 at 07:54 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #427
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Sometimes I swear they rearrange things just to make it more likely you can't cancel a mistaken order (happened to me the other day with a book. One stray mouse move and book was accidentally purchased!) or subscriptions.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote