Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
kindleuser6224
kindleuser6224 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
kindle 3g keyboard issue. please help.

okay i recieved a kindle 3g keyboard for Christmas, going pretty good. i registered my kindle onto my amazon account and my kindle says i have it registered. but every time i try to download free content from the kindle store, it says i dont have my kindle registered..... any hints??
kindleuser6224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kindleuser.

This link might help, if no one can come up with a good answer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162481
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleuser6224 View Post
okay i recieved a kindle 3g keyboard for Christmas, going pretty good. i registered my kindle onto my amazon account and my kindle says i have it registered. but every time i try to download free content from the kindle store, it says i dont have my kindle registered..... any hints??
Amazon Cs is excellent, quick and efficient. I would definitely suggest you give them a call, or e-mail, or chat online. If I remember correctly they are 24/7, including holidays.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
perilous
perilous has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Did you manage to get your issue resolved yet? I also hae a new Kindle 3G + wifi keyboard. I am unable to register it or access the Amazon store, even though I am connected through wifi. Web browsing works, I was able to create a new Amazon account from the Kindle. The Amazon account claims the Kindle is registered, but the device doesn't seem to know it!

I tried emailing Amazon CS and got a reply apologising for the problem and claiming the problem was "now resolved", but I still can't register. I followed up with an interactive chat session, which ended with another apology and the suggestion to wait a few hours. Maybe they are having IT problems?
perilous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
First, anybody in The Kindle Community (tm) will tell you that for best Customer Service results, contact Kindle support in particular, not Amazon.com support in general, and select the option to have them call you. They will get right back to you.

Second, I noticed in setting up some Kindles I gave as gifts that "registering a Kindle" often doesn't include setting up 1-click payment. 1-click payments are required for many Kindle transactions (even for items that are free). Have you set that up?
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
perilous
perilous has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
I did end up getting Amazon to call me. They were very responsive and called back within minutes of me placing the call request. However, the registration issue couldn't be resolved so I returned my Kindle to the store where I purchased it. The replacement unit works just fine and my wife is now happily buying books with her new Kindle

Amazon's call back support was very good. They were quick to respond, friendly and thorough. They offered to send me a replacement directly if I preferred, or if I had trouble with the local store where I made the purchase. They did a great job of ensuring that what could have been a bad experience turned out well in the end.
perilous is offline   Reply With Quote