Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
How to watch flash videos?

I've been trying to find a way to watch flash videos from the Internet on my PE but I haven't been having much luck. YouTube seems to work fine after installing the App via Titanium Backup. However, other flash sites that I'm interested in (namely, ESPN3.com) either freeze or don't give me the option to open the video with an internal player. I've tried Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini, xScope, the stock browser, and even Skyfire but they've all failed to play the videos. Does anybody know of a way to watch these kinds of videos on the device?

Thanks
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
The PE/EE only have flash light, it wont work with most sites...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Sorry - ain't going to happen. You can install a full version of Flash, but the video apparently doesn't work. Is it possible that some of these sites have Android apps that will handle these tasks?
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
I didn't even know that Flash "Lite" existed until I bought my PE! I know that some people have had limited success with installing an older version of Flash and using a specific web browser but the performance was poor and the video was partially blocked with some kind of a "preview window".

It was good for a 'proof of concept' demo but hardly usable...

Don't worry though.. we're playing with this kind of stuff all the time. Maybe we'll eventually figure out how to do it reliably!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Doubtful. Unless somebody knows how to write video drivers.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Hey I'm trying to keep a positive attitude here! heh
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
goodspeech
goodspeech began at the beginning.

Device: EE and PE
Positude on!!!
goodspeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hey there, goodspeech! How can this be your first post??

Welcome to MobileRead!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
goodspeech
goodspeech began at the beginning.

Device: EE and PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Hey there, goodspeech! How can this be your first post??

Welcome to MobileRead!
I've tried to post in the past but it kept kicking me off. Great forum for EE/PE users!!!
goodspeech is offline   Reply With Quote