Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
karenr_nz
Connoisseur
karenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
Great service

I would just like to commend PocketBook for the fantastic service that I have experienced so far.

When deciding which PB to order, I posted a question here, and many (including some from pocketbook) responded with helpful comments.

I ordered my PB360 on Sunday New Zealand time. (And may I just say thanks for selling to us as well.) 12 hours later, I had an email to say that my order was being shipped (on a Sunday) and less than 12 hours after that, I got a second email with shipping (track and trace) details. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.

But really, this level of communication and customer service is very unusual in my experience and I just wanted to say:

karenr_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
That is so great Karen! It's always a little daunting ordering from overseas. I'm in Australia and I always worry about it.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
karenr_nz
Connoisseur
karenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
I'll keep you posted on when it arrives. (I can't wait, by the way!)
karenr_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
minigrrl
minigrrl began at the beginning.

Device: eReader on many Palms, Treos & iPhone, Cybook Gen3 x2, Pocketbook 360
I'm in Australia and ordered a couple of Pocketbooks late last week and also got the quick response from Pocketbook. Before I ordered I had a question about shipping and received an answer within a few hours! Great service indeed.

Now just have to wait for UPS to get their act together. According to the tracking page my expedited package has made it from New Jersey to Kentucky since the 26 Feb and they've changed my scheduled delivery date twice - first it was Weds then Friday and now it looks like Monday. Sigh.

Anyway - that's UPS, not Pocketbook. :-)
minigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
frank.w
Enthusiast
frank.w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (sans 3G)
People are raving about Amazon CS on Kindleboard.

- Frank
frank.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigrrl View Post
Now just have to wait for UPS to get their act together. According to the tracking page my expedited package has made it from New Jersey to Kentucky since the 26 Feb and they've changed my scheduled delivery date twice - first it was Weds then Friday and now it looks like Monday. Sigh.
I wonder if it's been delayed because of all the snow they've got over there at the moment.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Guys, thanks! We're trying to do our best with the service!)

About the snow - snowstorms were here last weeks and today (Tue-Wed) we're expecting one more again (global warming, heh?.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
IndecisiveMe
Addict

I ordered my PB360 last night, about 12 hours ago I think and I've already had notification that it's shipped from Pocketbook and a USPS shipping confirmation. I am extremely impressed so far!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
DrDk
DrDk began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Ordering for delivery to Australia

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to order from the pocketbook seller?
the website says you have to join but I can't fill in the details as the choice of state/province and country is only the U.S.A. or Canada?

Thanks.
DrDk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Hi DrDk, you visit http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ hit the "shop online" tab on the right hand side (I didn't choose anything from the drop down menu, just hit shop online), pick the device you want, add it to your cart, follow the directions and it will ask you for your country and then you can add all your details.

From memory, Australia was the second choice in a drop down menu once you get to the billing section.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
DrDk
DrDk began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Delivery charge!

Thanks for your reply.
I was shocked when I saw a delivery charge of $111.00 and did not proceed.
My company imports items from the states and Europe everyday , $111 is just ridiculous!
DrDk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #12
minigrrl

I paid $94USD for the UPS delivery, but there was the option of $45USD for USPS which would take a little longer.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
IndecisiveMe
Addict

I was shocked by that $111.95 postage charge, too. I don't think it should default to that. I ended up paying $46 in postage and for me that's reasonable. It's supposed to arrive in 6-10 days. It's my birthday present, so I'm not allowed to touch it before March 25th anyway

You need to click the dot below the expedited shipping box, the USPS instead of the UPS. It still gives you a tracking number, which is fun!

I'm in Melbourne which might explain why minigrrl (Brisbane) and I have different shipping costs.

I wonder if we should start an Aussie PB360 group
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
IndecisiveMe
Addict

I've just sent through a PM suggesting that they might want to change the default shipping option from expediated to priority (the cheaper option). I know some people need to have their readers RIGHT NOW, but the majority of us can wait 6-10 days and keep our extra $65 to ourselves

So, minigrrl, you paid the expedited last week and it's still not here? Wow, I'd be annoyed. Not with PB but with UPS. I wonder if they'll reimburse you. Doubt it, it's not their fault there are snowstorms. I hope your PBs are here soon!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #15
minigrrl

So you ordered one - good for you!

Yeah, it's in Sydney now and was released by the clearing company this morning, so I imagine I'll get it tomorrow. I'm still holding out some hope for COB today, but I think I'm probably dreaming!

I never expect too much from UPS - wouldn't even bother asking for a refund! It will actually only have taken 4 business days (didn't count the day I ordered it) if it gets here tomorrow which is only one day longer than it should have taken. And different from the last time the UPS site showed me a scheduled delivery date! The scheduled delivery date seems to have disappeared. Very odd.