Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Errol
Errol R. Williams
Errol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Amazon Kindle 2

Hi to all.

Last edited by Errol; 02-25-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Errol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
How long have you had your copy of the Kindle 2?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Were you given a Kindle 2 to test while writing your book?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
deety
book geek
deety began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Is this really part of the Missing Manual series?

http://missingmanuals.com/
deety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deety View Post
Is this really part of the Missing Manual series?

http://missingmanuals.com/
I doubt that very much.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-...421704&sr=11-1

I do not see anything here I can't find either in the included manual or asking a question of Amazon support, or here, or looking up online.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
deety
book geek
deety began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I doubt that very much.
Well, me too. But I'm hoping that the title selection was an unfortunate coincidence.

If that's the case then the author should be informed about the similarity, because it's going to lead some folks to believe that he may be deliberately trying to confuse or deceive potential buyers into thinking they're getting a book from a professional publisher that they may already trust.
deety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
pshrynk

He should consider himself warned, at least here on MR.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 AM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
He might of never heard of that series before. I know I never have.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #10
Errol
Errol R. Williams
Errol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the info guys. I was unaware that there was a very well known publisher who uses the "missing manual" title.

I have know changed my books title to: Amazon Kindle 2: The Definitive User's Manual

Once again, thanks for letting me know.

Errol
Errol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could you answer the question, please - have you actually had "hands on" experience of the Kindle 2 when writing this book? What does it contain which is not in the manual?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
i've never heard of that either!
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote