Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
FREE/BARGAIN - Christian Interest - 2015

A thread for 2015:

We point out free and bargain Christian titles to each other. Please don't post any self-published books*, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

*Unless you have read them yourself, think they are excellent, and you're not connected to the author in any way.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:45 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
From Audiobook thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
ChristianAudio Free Audiobook of the Month -- exp 31 Jan

Other titles on sale ($4.98) by CH Spurgeon -- exp 31 Jan
  • All of Grace
  • Lectures to my Students
  • We Shall See God
  • Autobiography: The Early Years, v1
  • Autobiography: The Full Harvest, v2
Advert
Old 01-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free from the author @ Kobo & iTunes & B&N, and thence price-matched at Amazon (available to Canadians).

Cast a Road Before Me by Brandilyn Collins, a 1960s-set historical literary coming-of-age drama novel, 1st in her Bradleyville series, originally published by Zondervan in 2003.

"A course-changing event in one's life can happen in minutes. Or it can form slowly, a primitive webbing splaying into fingers of discontent, a minuscule trail hardening into the sinewed spine of resentment. So it was with the mill workers as the heat-soaked days of summer marched on..."

City girl Jessie, orphaned at sixteen, struggles to adjust to life with her barely known aunt and uncle in the tiny town of Bradleyville, Kentucky. Eight years later (1968) she plans on leaving—to following in her revered mother's footsteps of serving the homeless. But the peaceful town she's come to love is about to be tragically shattered. Threats of a labor strike rumble through the streets, and Jessie's new love and her uncle are swept into the maelstrom. Caught between the pacifist teachings of her mother and these two men, Jessie desperately tries to deny that Bradleyville is rolling toward violence and destruction.

Last edited by ATDrake; 01-01-2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Free from the author @ Kobo & iTunes & B&N, and thence price-matched at Amazon (available to Canadians).

Cast a Road Before Me by Brandilyn Collins, a 1960s-set historical literary coming-of-age drama novel, 1st in her Bradleyville series, originally published by Zondervan in 2003.
Thank you for posting this book.

The Amazon link leads to iTunes. Here is a link to Amazon.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #5
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Reading God's Story: A Chronological Daily Bible (HCSB translation) is on sale for $2.99. It was listed as a daily deal at Christianbook (where it's DRM-free), but it's also $2.99 at B&N and Amazon.
Advert
Old 01-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Reading God's Story: A Chronological Daily Bible (HCSB translation) is on sale for $2.99. It was listed as a daily deal at Christianbook (where it's DRM-free), but it's also $2.99 at B&N and Amazon.
I had seen this study Bible before, and had decided against purchasing it.

However, your post prompted me to look at it again. After looking at it this time, I liked it and decided to purchase it. So, thanks for posting it!

A couple of comments . . . . One interesting thing that I think that I liked was the way that the book presents the material as plays do--with "acts" and "scenes." It is an unique approach--or nearly so--anyway.

Second, Holman (the publisher) seems to be marketing this book inter-denominationally. If so, I think that it would be appropriate that they refrain from including denominationally-specific material (Holman is a publisher affiliated with Baptist Churches). For example, and one thing that I noticed right away because it is so prominently displayed, there is a "Plan of Salvation" presented. While a popular one, it is far from being one accepted by most of those who consider themselves Christians.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm liking the sample, except for the 'week one day one' terminology instead of 'January 1st'. I tend to get behind and then play catch up, so this phrasing will confuse me.

Not sure the best way to phrase this question, but does anyone think chronologically in weeks instead of months?
Old 01-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
A couple of comments . . . . One interesting thing that I think that I liked was the way that the book presents the material as plays do--with "acts" and "scenes." It is an unique approach--or nearly so--anyway.
If you haven't seen it, you might enjoy The Word on the Street by Rob Lacey. The author paraphrased the Bible in a sort of "street talk", which I think began as a personal devotional exercise. The memorable thing for me is that Paul's epistles are rendered as emails. By way of review, I liked it and thought it was fun to read, but it wasn't as thought-provoking as I'd hoped.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:14 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Bible Study Books
The books are available in:
HTML, PDF, ePub, Kindle Format or as a Printed copy. And can also be gotten via Itunes. They are offered free of charge onsite.

W.E. Best

Last edited by crich70; 01-04-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #10
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Bible Study Books
The books are available in:
HTML, PDF, ePub, Kindle Format or as a Printed copy. And can also be gotten via Itunes. They are offered free of charge onsite.

W.E. Best
Thanks. He's certainly a prolific author!
Old 01-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Christian Apologetics by Paul Copan and William Lane Craig is on sale for $.99. It's been on sale before, but the cheapest I recall it being is $2.99.
B&N Christianbook (where it's DRM-free) Kobo (where it's couponable) Amazon
Old 01-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #12
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Rediscovering Kingdom Worship: The Purpose and Power of Praise and Worship Expanded Edition by Myles Munroe is free from Destiny Image.
B&N Amazon

I was a little surprised since Destiny Image has been skipping Barnes & Noble lately. Now that Baker/Revell/Bethany House seems to be skipping B&N, I guess Destiny Image decided to include them again. Go figure.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #13
auntlee
auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: ibook
Daily Devotional book - George MacDonald

This book is always free -- I'm mentioning it now because it is arranged by calendar for a year's study. George MacDonald was a great influence on C.S. Lewis, and this book is a good introduction to his works...

A Book of Strife in the Form of The Diary of an Old Soul by George MacDonald

On Gutenberg:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1953

Read reviews on Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._Old_Soul?ac=1
Old 01-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #14
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Even Now by Karen Kingsbury is free for the moment. It's not really my style, but Zondervan freebies are few enough that I thought I'd post it.
B&N Amazon
Old 01-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #15
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

The Grace for the Moment Daily Bible: Spend 365 Days reading the Bible with Max Lucado (New Century Version) is $1.99.
B&N Amazon
Closed Thread