Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Eugenie
Enthusiast
Eugenie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch edition PRS-650
Custom Column with list of permitted values

If you have a list of values for a column (e.g., Category column with values short story, drama, novel), is there a way to select more than one value for a particular book?

For instance, if a book contains an author's short stories plus some of his plays, how can I specify that it belongs in both categories?

I set the option to show a checkmark. The drop-down list shows my list of values, but it only allows me to checkmark one value.
Eugenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post
If you have a list of values for a column (e.g., Category column with values short story, drama, novel), is there a way to select more than one value for a particular book?
No. The only column that supports multiple values is the tags-like text column.
Quote:
I set the option to show a checkmark. The drop-down list shows my list of values, but it only allows me to checkmark one value.
Values of "yes", "checked", and "true" are marked with the green arrow. Values of "no", "unchecked", and "false" are marked with the red X. No other values have marks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert