Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 09:40 AM   #1
gianni_1
Connoisseur
gianni_1 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
title order

Hi,
Is it possible to sort books by their title in the same order used by Windows 11? If yes, how?
Thanks.

Sorry, I found the solution in a post by theducks: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206347

Last edited by gianni_1; 12-01-2023 at 09:57 AM.
gianni_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:16 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good to see that you came back and posted you had found a solution. Courtesy counts.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2023, 04:24 AM   #3
gianni_1
Connoisseur
gianni_1 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Help!!!

Hi DNSB,
Thanks for your observation.
Now I have a bigger problem, last night I accidentally changed the name of the authors of about 3000 books and I don't know if there is a kind of "undo" in Caliber or how else I can recover the situation. Now I have restarted the program and I hope I don't have to check one book at a time...
Do you have any idea?
Hello and thanks again...
gianni_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:14 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Ouch! Unless you have a backup, there is no "undo". I don't remember if there is a way to force calibre to re-read the metadata from an existing library entry but someone else may have a suggestion or two.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:37 PM   #5
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
yeah, ouch.

I had thought of something like pasting the author_sort column from a database backup over the current metadata.db, but that would require some magic SQL skills and knowing exactly which books have had the author_sort modified.

Audit Log plugin can undo some metadata stuff, but I think it can't do author column, and IIRC it can undo only one db change at a time
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert