Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Delirium Book Club (Horror) [Kindle]

Pay $70.00 one-year subscription and receive 24 novellas. (Works out to about $2.92 each. Not a great price but better than the current going rate at Amazon of $3.82 to $4.99 each. Plus, they give the option to receive a gift card instead if you don't want a particular book.

Quote:
Delirium Kindle eBook Club—1 year subscription
Now the Delirium Book club is available for your Kindle! If you own any kind of Kindle or have access to the Kindle app, or have even downloaded the free desktop Kindle software, you're now ready to join the Delirium Kindle Club.

So what is it?

DarkFuse has partnered with Amazon's Kindle store to bring you the best original Thriller, Suspense and Horror fiction delivered monthly to your Amazon account. You get 24 original novellas delivered 2 per month for only $70!

Here is the schedule of titles to be released:

https://www.darkfuse.com/book-club.html

Do I have to download files to my computer and then try to upload them to my Kindle?

No, everything is delivered to your Amazon account. You receive an e-mail when a new title is available, you click a link and download the title right to your Kindle through your Amazon account.

What if I don't want all the titles?

Then it's your money and you should be able to choose what you want. When you receive an e-mail from us stating a new title is waiting for you, you can proceed to log in to your Amazon account and either download the new title to your Kindle or exchange the month's selection(s) for an Amazon gift card to buy any other title that Amazon has to offer, though we're confident the quality of fiction we offer will be well worth your keeping.
Kindle ebook club

About Delirium Books:

Quote:
Delirium Books
Delirium Books, established in January 1999 by Shane Ryan Staley, is one of the leading specialty presses in the horror genre. Operating in the Midwest (Northern Indiana), Delirium Books has quickly gained the reputation of bringing to print the best new voices in horror fiction, including bestselling author Brian Keene. Delirium has also published established genre authors such as Brian Lumley, James Morrow, Douglas Clegg, Ramsey Campbell and Jack Ketchum.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Interesting use of the gifting ability on Kindle.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: Starting in September the books will include 1 novel and 1 novella each month instead of 2 novellas at the same subscription price.

New schedule:

http://www.darkfuse.com/production-schedule.html
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard

Updated terms:

Quote:
Each month you'll be receiving a featured novel and you'll get a featured novella for FREE. Plus, we're working with selected authors of non-featured titles to also deliver these to our book club members at no additional cost. We'll be announcing a list of non-book club titles soon, some of which will be sent to you for free.

The featured paid novel will be sent to your Amazon account for you to accept, as usual. For all free books, we will be sending these directly to subscribers' Kindles or Kindle applications.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
NightBird
Wizard

Another change in terms:

They've reduced the yearly price to $59.88.
You get 5 free books/novellas (from a set list) when you join.

http://www.darkfuse.net/kindlef
use/

They also have a website newsletter (same link as above):

Quote:
Have a Kindle? Sign up for FREE eBooks!

Join the newsletter of the fastest growing publisher in the business. Not only will you get major new release announcements, you'll qualify for FREE eBooks monthly.

A Free Kindle eBook on joining
Exclusive eBook in 6 months
Exclusive eBook in 12 months
Random Kindle eBook giveaways
Monthly Kindle sub winners drawn
Subscriber deals & discounts
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
They seem to be ratcheting down the price.

From a 'not-so-great-deal,' it now appears to be getting a little better.

.....but I'm not buying, not until they lower the price to $19.99.

ADDED: Make that $10.99.

Also, they need to give me 3-4 free titles before joining, in order for me to determine whether or not the publisher has any proofreading skills before regurgitating them onto the masses.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-18-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
NightBird
Wizard

LOL. They just keep adding more books.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
LOL. They just keep adding more books.

Now that's a deal I might do, if these are not short little pithy pieces. (Am I the only one who is amused by authors/publishers calling an itty-bitty 20-page short story a book? Don't get me started.....Where's Fredric Brown when we need him, who was able to SUCCESSFULLY write about an author who finally wrote the ultimate story - it had only one word.)

ADDED: Unfortunately, when joining you become a member of the "Delayed Gratification" school - which means that one book is immediately available, and then another one in 6 months and the final one in 12 months. (I might be dead in 12 months or need a haircut....or both. However, if one of these authors writes about a dead man needing a haircut, then I would join and read it out of curiosity....but not if I'm dead!)

DOUBLE-ADDED
: No soup for you! (Not you, NightBird; you clue me in to a lot of bargains.) I mean the publisher: No soup for you!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-18-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard

Yes, I find the short length very annoying, especially when they are charging for them like full-size books. Even the novellas, at 56 pages, for example. I wouldn't call that a novella but a short story.

That said, I don't object to free short stories.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I like getting stuff like this, but after I did the "All You Can Read" with Cemetary Dance I found that I ended up with a lot of novellas and short stories and some novels. It ended up being a good deal aside from the fact that I haven't read a single one yet.

So I'm a bit hesitant to jump in again for something like this unless the deal is just too good to pass up.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
NightBird
Wizard

I don't blame you. I think a plus here, though, is if you don't think you will like a book you can refuse it and have it converted to an Amazon gift certificate.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

For me, more importantly, if one is unimpressed by the authors then that would be the main inducement to stay away.

Cemetery Dance - ummmm, nice - now that's a group of writers one could die for! Do you get it? Die for? Die for!! - Hahahahahahahahahaha. (Sorry: I always get out of control at funerals.)

Don
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard

You're a scream. Heehee