Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #16
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Its not that easy to crash the eInk screen, so dont worry!

I think the replacement of the screen should be, about ~130$. Anyone who knows exactly, please correct me.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
I've been thinking of getting a 360 so I don't like to look at the ugly pictures.

Anyone know how much it is to replace the screen?
It's about 100 € in Europe. Except for Ulli's device; I don't know about any other broken 360° screens so far.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
lmwangi
lmwangi began at the beginning.

Device: pb302
Cracked my PocketBook 302. Anyone know where I could ship it for repairs and what the approximate cost would be? Is this a DIY project if I I had the screen shipped to me instead?

Here are some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100816_003.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	56730   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100816_004.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	583.3 KB
ID:	56731  

Last edited by lmwangi; 08-16-2010 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Grammar edit
lmwangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmwangi View Post
Cracked mine 302. Anyone where I could ship for repairs and what the approximate cost would be? Is this a DIY project if I I had the screen shipped to me instead?

Here are some photos.
Please contact your vendor. They will be willing and able to repair your device. And no, you shouldn't do it yourself except if you are a PC technician.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #20
lmwangi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please contact your vendor. They will be willing and able to repair your device. And no, you shouldn't do it yourself except if you are a PC technician.
OK, thanks.
Waiting for the vendor response.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #21
lmwangi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
It's about 100 € in Europe. Except for Ulli's device; I don't know about any other broken 360° screens so far.
I just got a quote for 140 euro for the PB302. That's w/out the to/fro shipping cost. I think I just acquired an expensive brick
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #22
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Out of curiosity, how did the 360 and 302 screens break?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #23
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
I am wondering how this can happen, too.

In some cases it happens, when the device got repaired once but why this happens in first time is absolutely mysterious to me.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #24
lmwangi

How it broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Out of curiosity, how did the 360 and 302 screens break?
Light pressure from my elbow. Was reaching over to pick a book. The pb302 was in it's leather jacket. Heard a crack and that was it .
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #25
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
Same thing happened to me, however to the best of my knowledge I didn't put any pressure, or the device fell. I got my 360 on January 28, and 3 weeks later I somehow broke the mirror.

The warranty does not cover mirror replacement, which costs $125 without shipping. A new PB 360 with shipping included costs $141.

One thing is clear, about e-book readers: they are very fragile. I doubt the device would have lasted very long anyway, me carrying on the Metro, with all the squeezing and pushing you get during rush hour.

Here's a picture of what mine looks like. I'm still able to use it thanks to the accelerometer, I start reading the page, and when I get to the broken part I turn the device 180º and continue reading, but boy, what a pain in the ass that is!

I am on the market for another reader, but so far I haven't found one that offers enough protection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3068.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	67462  
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #26
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
So .... consider your device fragile and invest in a hard case if you're packing it for travel or carrying it around with you, because you know it in your heart that any 'rugged/hardened' reader is going to cost much more then a reader/case combo.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #27
malo_pomalu
malo_pomalu began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
So .... consider your device fragile and invest in a hard case if you're packing it for travel or carrying it around with you, because you know it in your heart that any 'rugged/hardened' reader is going to cost much more then a reader/case combo.
One day you realize that even hard case did not help.
malo_pomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #28
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
depends how hard the hard case is

it'd have to be a solid box that doesn't fold no matter how much pressure you put on it (within reason), but that'd make your pocket book rather bulky

a simple leather wrapping won't help much when you have your pocketbook in an already bursting backpack and you get pushed around on the metro... the device is just plastic and when you put stress on the entire device, the screen is the first thing that pops

Like any other piece of electronics, ereaders are breakable devices and you should treat them as such, so don't just stuff them somewhere
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #29
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
it'd have to be a solid box that doesn't fold no matter how much pressure you put on it (within reason), but that'd make your pocket book rather bulky
I do not mind (well, within reason) bulk an weight, but even so I still haven't managed to find anythign suitable... pondering about adapting a alrge enough cigar boxm, but again the probelm is finding the right dimensions.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #30
navels
navels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Here is mine, which I posted about in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123311

My situation is a little different, as the whole unit has locked up. After five days, I still have the same image on the screen and have been unable to change it. To me that would indicate something besides just a broken screen. Comments?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3662.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	67775  
navels is offline   Reply With Quote