Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
knotcross
knotcross began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle Fire HD
Smile I want old library in new pc help please

I have a new laptop and I want an exact copy of all the info and tweeks from my old library in my new one. How can I do this. I have access to the old library at the moment but not for long. I have all my books backed up but not the library structure.

knotcross/Ellen
knotcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotcross View Post
I have a new laptop and I want an exact copy of all the info and tweeks from my old library in my new one. How can I do this. I have access to the old library at the moment but not for long. I have all my books backed up but not the library structure.

knotcross/Ellen
See this http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....o-i-backup-app

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 03:37 AM   #3
knotcross
knotcross began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks bernie that worked very well but I must have misunderstood something. I made a new empty library with the good format and went to the old library and moved all the books to the new one. Well when it said you already have these books I'm thinking no they are in a different library....(death knell) yup I somehow ended up with duplicates of every one of my 8000 books plus variations. I had to get away from it for a while I may whipe the whole thing and start over. but now I know how to recreate my beloved format.
Thanks again for your help.
knotcross is offline   Reply With Quote