Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
vinayaksanga
vinayaksanga began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Image on click change to nex image for Ipad view.

Hi,

Please help me out, I'm creating a epub, where set of 4 images has to be embedded one over one and if click on one image randomly it should open overlapped other image.

I've tried with java scripting and Jquery code and constructed epub but failed to work in my iPad.

Attached: txt file, i.e the code i have written and .pdf which im looking that kind of.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf random.pdf (208.6 KB, 233 views)
File Type: txt sample.txt (5.4 KB, 203 views)
vinayaksanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think epub 2 supports scripting??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Most likely vinayaksanga is confused and thinks iBooks is the iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayaksanga View Post
failed to work in my iPad
Please don't use iPad when you mean the app you are using? Is it iBooks? Is it some other app? You need to tell us as we don't know what app you are trying to use. So please don't assume we'll know. And don't use iPad when you should be using the name of the app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
If you want to produce EPUB 3 stuff, have a look at Azardi Widget World:

http://azardi.infogridpacific.com/resources.html
http://www.infogridpacific.com/blog/...-and-more.html
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
vinayaksanga
vinayaksanga began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Please don't use iPad
Yeah perfectly, it is iBook app in iPad. Hope its clear.

Quote:
I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think epub 2 supports scripting??
Ambiguity
vinayaksanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
hybrid epub 2 that was custom made by Apple for iBooks can accept java scripting but it would be pointless now since updated iBooks accepts epub3 so it should be more practical to start with epub3 if your looking at making custom scripts.

btw, afaik you can only use java scripts on "fixed page" epubs.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
btw, afaik you can only use java scripts on "fixed page" epubs.
No, in iBooks, JS scripts work (and they should do, per EPUB 3 spec) also for reflowable EPUB 3 eBooks.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
No, in iBooks, JS scripts work (and they should do, per EPUB 3 spec) also for reflowable EPUB 3 eBooks.
I stand corrected but I haven't seen a "reflowable" epub using custom JS scripts that have worked in iBooks.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Check their free samples out:

http://www.doppeltext.com/en/

(Not saying that's a sane way to go, but they have some working JS capabilities and they are reflowable.)