Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Thank you very much!!!
I corrected the error and re-uploaded the file.
When you reuploaded the book, you forgot to change the version number/date in the topic.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Finally going to read.

Last edited by The Terminator; 03-03-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfigueroa View Post
Anyone happen to know the CR laws in Mexico? ...
According to the table on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...pyright_length) the current rule in Mexico is Life+100 and it applies to deaths after 22 July 1928. For deaths on 22 July 1928 or earlier, the previous rule applied which was Life+75.

So, it look like it will be another 40 years before Nineteen Eighty-four is public domain in Mexico. Perhaps a summer vacation in Canada is in order ...
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
I've somehow managed to let 24 years slip by me without having read this - a book I've heard referenced so many times. Thanks to you, Pablo, I won't be letting another slip by. I'll be reading it on the train tomorrow!
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #20
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This book is not in the public domain in the EU, Neil.
Mr Orwell won't be losing any money over this...

This thread isn't the place to get into a copyright debate but I think it is perfectly morally justified to read (and enjoy) someone's work 61 years after their death!

I'm resident in the UK but I won't be too concerned about the police knocking down my door in the middle of the night.

In fact, it's because of silly copyright laws and greedy posthumous rights holders and publishers that mean I am missing out on getting my Agatha Christie fix on my eReader - I'm not paying ~£4 for a short novel from an author who has been dead for years.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Just a quick note to say I'm happy this book is available for download again.
It was one of my first attempts at book formatting, more than ten years ago.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote