Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
JBNY
JBNY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel, iPad
Using Calibre to publish

Can Calibre be used to publish books or create ebooks if not in epub, mobi etc formats to begin with?

I have been reading this forum and the documentation for a few days and I still can not find any information on how to take html and turn it into an ebook.

For example how do I?

Use a TOC that is already generated within the html?
Use anchors to display where to start reading?
Specify height in <div> or <p> tags so the there is a break between a paragraph or the beginning of a chapter?
Specify that the first paragraph of a chapter should not be indented?

For example, this is all the stuff that is documented to help you create books in mobi format if using mobipocket creator but I can not find it for Calibre. Am I just missing it?

Thanks
-Joe
JBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi Joe,
Calibre is a *conversion* tool, but not an editor. when creating an ebook from zero, i recommend you use sigil, which is an epub editor (it has its own forum here) and which will allow you to define your css (div and p spacing), your TOC (toc editor), add anchors (directly edit the html code...) etc. you can also find a lot of information about creating epubs in the epub forum. and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

and since i see you are rather new, welcome to the forum ! there is lots of great info here and plenty of friendly, helpful people !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert