Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When do you butter your toast?
I butter it in sections, after its cooled..... 5 4.46%
I butter it while its still warm so the butter melts into the toast 86 76.79%
The blue German vegetarian Fish that lives in Portugal but eats meat. 15 13.39%
I butter my toast cool but not in sections 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #241
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Bread pudding is gorgeous! Especially the corners. Especially when there's enough sugar on top for it to be crunchy.

It looks something like this:

The best I have ever tasted was from a seafront kiosk in Ramsgate over 2 decades ago, but I've had some pretty good stuff elsewhere!

Wiki linky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_pudding
Mmmmmm,

With a nice creamy vanilla/bourbon sauce!!!

As we Sandwich Islanders say, "Broke da mout!" or if on Maui, "No ka oi!"
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #242
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Mmmmmm,

With a nice creamy vanilla/bourbon sauce!!!

As we Sandwich Islanders say, "Broke da mout!" or if on Maui, "No ka oi!"
anyone from sandwich island must be an expert on bread pudding !

but what does "Broke da mout!" or "No ka oi!" mean ??
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #243
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
anyone from sandwich island must be an expert on bread pudding !

but what does "Broke da mout!" or "No ka oi!" mean ??
'Broke da mout' is Pigeon English, (a combination of English, Spanish, and various Polynesian languages used by 18th and 19th century traders to communicate with pacific islanders). Literally “broke the mouth” meaning it’s so good that it broke my mouth when I ate it. “No ka oi” is Hawaiian for “none better”, usually used when referring to the Island of Maui, the “Garden Isle, no ka oi”.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #244
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm pretty sure they are what we call "mouillettes", strips of buttered toast for dipping in eggs. i don't know any other names in english for them...
Correct - dip strip of toast in egg (yolk **must** be liquid, white must be solid), retrieve toast. The yolky end of the toast is considered to resemble a guardsman's bearskin (aka busby). Just to further demonstrate culinary cultural diffusion, the busby was adopted by English guards regiments as a back-handed compliment to the Napoleonic Imperial Guard post-Waterloo.

Apologies - this was meant as reply to QZ's post; slow internet connection,gross impatience, posted in wrong position. sigh.

Last edited by alecE; 07-13-2009 at 10:14 PM.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote