Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Copy from eink and paste on tablet

I'm new to the Edge, so for all I know what I'm about to tell you is common knowledge. Let me know if it is!

Here is how to copy something from an Eink book to the tablet side of your Edge:

1. Highlight some text in an eink book. Of course you have to use the stylus to do that.

2. Click on the magnifying glass above with the stylus. This causes the material to appear on the tablet side.

3. Hold down your finger or something on the text on the tablet side; when a menu opens up, choose Copy all.

4. Go to the notepad, mind mapping program or whatever on your tablet. Hold down your finger until the menu pops up and choose Paste.

Done!

Is that common knowledge?
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Not common knowledge to me! Thanks, geneven!

I have been able to copy and paste to the tablet, but your method is new to me, and sounds easy! (And I do like easy!! )
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Ah! Two-stepping through Search. Very clever! I would wonder how much you can move that way though.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I don't know how to mark text across page barriers so one complete page is as far as I could go.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
You can also use the text selection tool on the e-ink side, select some text, then click edit/copy from the e-ink side, then go to the tablet side and paste the text into any app that has a Paste option on the long-click menu.
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert