Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Last read book in iBooks

I love to read on my iPad and I like IBooks. I just seem to be missing a "return to current book"-option. Is it realy missing or am I overlooking something. Seems very stupid of Apple to leave it out.

Last edited by Joy736; 08-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Its really missing. There's a lot about iBooks that doesn't shape up. Thats why I never have more books in there than fit on one page, otherwise I'd never know whats happening. Ditto Apabi which is another reader I quite like, but it too is missing that. It does have a progress bar for books you are reading though (when looking at your library in list view), so you can see where you're at.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I finally know that it's not me. I tried other reading-apps, but I realy like ibooks the most. Hope they have an upgrade soon.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Unless you are closing the book by choosing the library button, it should open where you left off, at least this has always been my personal experience. Even if I shut the app down it still opens to the page I was reading.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Unless you are closing the book by choosing the library button, it should open where you left off, at least this has always been my personal experience. Even if I shut the app down it still opens to the page I was reading.
Yes, ofcourse, I know. But there are always reasons I would want to go back to the library before I finish a book.

Edit: I just sync-d my ipad with itunes and that also brought me back to the library. That's an other reason to have a "last read"-function.

Last edited by Joy736; 08-09-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
So glad I made an attempt to help someone.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
So glad I made an attempt to help someone.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. Ofcourse your help is much appreciated.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Yes, ofcourse, I know. But there are always reasons I would want to go back to the library before I finish a book.

Edit: I just sync-d my ipad with itunes and that also brought me back to the library. That's an other reason to have a "last read"-function.
I have a Collection I created named "Active Books". When I start a new book, I put it in this Collection. That way I don't have to search my library to find the book I was just reading.

Of course a last read feature would be nice also.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
I have a Collection I created named "Active Books". When I start a new book, I put it in this Collection. That way I don't have to search my library to find the book I was just reading.

Of course a last read feature would be nice also.
What a simple, but brilliant sollution! Thank you for helping.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I get the impression that most ebook apps make the assumption that the reader is only going to have a couple of books at a time. That's probably true of the vast majority of people, just not me. I still haven't found the perfect app, I tend to alternate between the Kindle app and the iBook app, depending on if it's a book that I'm trying to read cross platform.

I use the previous poster's solution, I have a collection labeled reading where I keep books that I'm actively reading, and several collections for to be read (broken out by type of book).
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
I never noticed that. I usually just read one book at a time. I don't like keeping too many stories in my head. lol. makes for a confusing dream at night.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote