Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
kindle 2 font size jump

I've been using either aA position 3 or 4 (from left to right).

But in dimmer light, I'd like to bump up the font size a bit. Unfortunately, the difference between position 4 and 5 is way to much of a jump, where 5 is basically unreadable (font size too large, spacing too large).

Is there anything that can be done on this front?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The font sizes are fixed I think, but the spacing is apparently variable (this isn't the case on the Kindle 1), see A critical review of Kindle 2's shortcomings for "Alt shift 1-9".

On the other hand, the Kindle 1 can do left justification which does not seem to be available on the Kindle 2 and is good at large font sizes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I previously had a cybook bookeen and it had a nice option to "embolden" the text. This was a heavyweight bold setting. I found that the standard font was fine in size, it just needed to be a bit bolder for my middle-aged eyes.

It would be nice to see this eventually added to K2.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote