Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #61
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
I am a HUGE re-reader. I have been since I was a child. Luckily, I am a fast enough reader that I don't feel like I am losing out on too much time by rereading.

There were a few years in which I did not leave the house without one of the books on the list below stashed somewhere in my purse or backpack so that I could have emergency reading material. Now with my Nook, I carry all of them with me and don't have to carry huge books around with me.

Harry Potter series JK Rowling
The Giver Lois Lowry
Little Women Louisa May Alcott
Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
Jane Eyre Charlotte Bronte
20 Love Poems and a Song of Despair Pablo Neruda
Sonnets Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare
Cyrano de Bergerac Edmond Rostand
Wind in the Willows Kenneth Grahamme
A Wrinkle in Time Madeline L'Engle
The Mysterious Benedict Society
Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by purple_fishy; 09-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #62
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
I have always loved rereading. I did it a lot as a child, mainly because I didn't have as many books to read as I would have liked to, but also for pleasure.

Nowadays, I reread to revisit characters or fictional worlds I particularly like. The books I have reread the most during the past decade are the Harry Potter books, and I am currently rereading George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

I also reread Connie Willis's stuff, mostly her time travel books.

Lately, I do a lot of rereading by listening to audiobooks, which is of course different but very enjoyable, at least to me.

Another set of books that I have reread earlier this year is The Sparrow and Children of God by Mary Doria Russell.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert