Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #16
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Mines A Purple Orb floating in the never ending abyss that is the existential....
Blah...It's just pretty...
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I have an oversized head.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Sorry it wasn't more clear. Here's some unofficial U.S. Air Force history (bit dry, sorry):

Chief Master Sergeant is the highest enlisted rank (E-9) in the Air Force and the shortened form of address is "Chief." In the 1970's, the United States Air Force chief master sergeants adopted the American Indian chief as their symbol. The Indian chief is the highest member of the tribe. The chief is also a teacher or mentor to the warriors of the tribe. The chief - an elder - was looked on for leadership.

Upon reaching the rank of E-9, it became customary to give the newly-promoted "Chief" a small bust of an Indian Chief, or a framed lithograph of an Indian leader, usually depicted in full war bonnet. The intent is to capture the virtues of courage, bravery, and honor associated with an American Indian Chief and to encourage the "Chief" to embody these ideals in his/her new rank.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn
Yes it does, Marilyn. And that Mickey is exactly it, downsized to our virtual, but not less virtuous, group. Indomitable and defiant.

I like using Marilyn and not Chief, because that name is quite ... evocative.

lad to meet you
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
And since then I've stayed with the beautiful women and pretty girls.
That's a wise and stimulating course of action, Ea. I think that since you have a red umbrella your posts are even more accurate than before. Please, keep it up. The recount of your avatar's evolution is a nice example of progressive design.

I also wore a good looking mask for a while and obviously felt very well with it. But I will continue with mine.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
Mine is just a self-portrait
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #21
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Mine's a picture of me sitting by our rose garden. It's a lovely, peaceful corner where we spend a lot of time in summer.

The genesis of this particular picture was a writing site I joined. For an avatar I grabbed a picture of myself hiking, taken at a distance (my favourite sort of picture of myself). My name's ambiguous, and people kept assuming I was a male. So I got Roger to take a picture of me all dressed up and with my hair down.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #22
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It's a mugshot of the felon who stole my sandwich. He's still at-large. So if you see him, please contact me.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
It's a mugshot of the felon who stole my sandwich. He's still at-large. So if you see him, please contact me.
...also wanted for questioning in regards to several cases of chip/fry theft, and car roof graffiti.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I usually pick a picture I just made and like. I always think fondly of my cats when I see my current one and marvel at our luck with these two. You could have a much worse match if you already got a cat and take in a second...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #25
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
My avatar is my fantasy.

My "byline" (You kids get off my lawn!) is my reality.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #26
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
Mine is just a self-portrait
In your signature there is great stuff.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #27
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Mine is a fairly close representation of myself since I was 16 years old.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #28
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Mine's just me. A pic taken on the steps leading up to my place here in the south of France on the day my new kilt arrived from Ediburgh. My own clan (actually the only true 'tribe' in Scotland has its own Mar (single 'r') tartan, but my kilt and sash is what's called 'Modern Gregor'. My late granny was a Gregor, so that's allowed.

Another reason I'm proud of my Gregor heritage is that the Gregor clan, its name and its tartan was outlawed by the English in the time of the notorious Rob Roy McGregor: The Gregors were taken in by the Marrs and adopted our name until their own clan was reinstated as legal some generations later.

So my wee avatar reminds me of ancient family history ... as well as what I looked like twelve years ago when I still had a full head of hair.

Slainte ba. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 08-02-2010 at 05:02 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 AM   #29
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I choose my avatar to clarify my user name. I'm on my 3:d Thinkpad laptop, two of them being the X-series. I'm somewhat disappointed with my last x201 model, worst led-screen ever with very cold colours. The screen gives me headaches and eye strains so I'm seriously considering replacing it with a normal LCD-screen from the x200 series.

Googling around a bit I'm apparently not the only one with this problem. Certain LED-mac screens had the same problem a while ago.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 AM   #30
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Mines pretty simple. Its got my initials S-K-I which I randomly doodled over a year ago. After many iterations I accidently drew this (where drawing is assumed to mean wildly flicking my mouse around the mousepad) and quite liked it.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote