Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Obtaining Touch 3G ESN

How does one find the device ESN?

My first one had a broken screen, and the replacement wouldn't activate on the 3G network. The second replacement won't either. I'm starting to think the Kindles aren't "authorized" for the phone network. The first one was, but was literally unusable. Amazon can't seem to get its act together with the replacements it ships out.

Changing providers isn't helping, although the Kindle seems to see the available networks fine, so the radio seems to be working. When I called in yesterday, the agent asked for the ESN, but there's no ESN sticker on the shipping box -- nor is there an ESN listed on the 411 page like there is on the Kindle 3.

If I can get the ESN, surely the reps can authorize the Kindles to access 3G.

Help!
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Are you talking about a serial number? I have the WiFi touch so I can't help you with 3G issues but my serial number is on the box. Yes --- be in awe of my artwork!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle sn.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	79102  
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Which reps are you talking to? Kindle Support or phone company? You need to talk to Kindle support.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Yup, it was Kindle Support. They're new to the Kindle Touch, just like we are. I got a rep that actually got a Kindle, brought it to his desk, and poked at it until we found the ESN/ICC number.

To get to it, go to the Home screen, enter ;611 in the search box, and press Enter.

As I thought, the Kindle was shipped unactivated. Turns out there wasn't anything wrong with the second one I sent back. Oh well; it's something that they have to deal with because their support agents didn't have that info yet. The one I talked to today said he was entering a ticket for future reference.

Finally, I have a working Kindle Touch 3G!

Side benefit: new, awesome "screensaver" images that don't include dead authors.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote