Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Can't get "read books" to show in catalog

I really want to have my customized column entitled "Read" (a yes/no of whether I've read the book) to show in my catalog. It would be best in the calibre2opds catalog but I don't even see an option there so I've tried it in the epub/mobi versions of the catalog to no avail. Has anyone gotten this to work, & if how do you do it?

I can get it in the CSV version though.

Also existing catalogs are not replaced as indicated. When I try that, I get this error ;

"calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Sections: Authors, Titles, Series, Genres, Recently Added, Descriptions
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for generic_eink in GUI environment
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 134
opts:
authorClip: 100
catalog_title: u'test catalog'
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 380
exclude_book_marker: u'#read:yes'
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]'
exclude_tags: u''
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments: '::True'
output_profile: 'generic_eink'
read_book_marker: u'#read:no'
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: '1.00'
wishlist_tag: u''
existing thumb cache at C:\Users\Slayda\AppData\Roaming\calibre\caches\cat alog\thumbs.zip, cached_thumb_width: 1.00"
Begin catalog source generation
DPI = 168; thumbnail dimensions: 168 x 224

*** Metadata warning ***
Warning: inconsistent Author Sort values for
Author 'Louis L'amour':
'L'Amour, Louis' <> 'L'amour, Louis'

*** Metadata warning ***
Warning: inconsistent Author Sort values for
Author 'Louis L'amour':
'L'amour, Louis' <> 'L'Amour, Louis'

using default cover for '3rd World Products 11' (119)
using default cover for '3rd World Products 13' (121)
Python function terminated unexpectedly
[Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 181, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 5089, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1406, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2963, in generateThumbnails
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 4715, in generateThumbnail
WindowsError: [Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists
"

Last edited by slayda; 06-05-2011 at 04:26 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Read the 'Catalog options' section in the FAQ for a tip on how to show books that have been read.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
With respect to the error you're seeing, try deleting the thumbs cache file:
Code:
C:\Users\Slayda\AppData\Roaming\calibre\caches\cat alog\thumbs.zip
then try running the catalog builder again.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
It would be best in the calibre2opds catalog but I don't even see an option there
Correct - at the moment there is no support in calibre2opds for custom columns. We have not yet worked out how (or if) such support would be added.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote