Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
cesy
cesy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Collections on Kindle 3

I just synced up my new Kindle with Calibre, and it doesn't seem to have created collections for my tags or anything like that. I know the Calibre FAQ says that Calibre can do that for Sony ereaders - is it possible to do this for the Kindle as well? Or is there any other way to create the collections in Calibre and sync them with my Kindle?
Thanks in advance for your help.
cesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesy View Post
I just synced up my new Kindle with Calibre, and it doesn't seem to have created collections for my tags or anything like that. I know the Calibre FAQ says that Calibre can do that for Sony ereaders - is it possible to do this for the Kindle as well?
Kindle makes it hard for USB access to create collections. It apparently can be done but requires you to reboot your reader each time. Because of the hoops required it is not implemented as part of calibre.

This thread talks of a tool that allows you to create collections.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert