Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #211
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have just received an email that explains why none of my ebooks have transferred:

"Thank you for replying to my colleague's email confirming the origin of your eBooks.

We agreed with Barnes and Noble (Nook) only books purchased through the Nook UK store will be migrated to your Sainsbury's account.

Any titles purchased externally from other companies such as Fictionwise and eReader (That were acquired by Nook) will not be included in the migration over to Sainsbury's accounts.

If you wish to raise a complaint to Barnes & Noble you can contact them by email customerservice@nook.co.uk"

I think all my books in my account were from Fictionwise. This really should have been in the FAQs.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #212
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
We agreed with Barnes and Noble (Nook) only books purchased through the Nook UK store will be migrated to your Sainsbury's account.

Any titles purchased externally from other companies such as Fictionwise and eReader (That were acquired by Nook) will not be included in the migration over to Sainsbury's accounts.
That's nice of them

Shows how essential our friend Alf is...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #213
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
That's nice of them

Shows how essential our friend Alf is...
Indeed. I do, of course, have them all safely backed up. But it would have been nice to have current ePub versions of them.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #214
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Indeed. I do, of course, have them all safely backed up. But it would have been nice to have current ePub versions of them.
I hope you're going to send a nice email to Nook CS...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #215
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Come to think of it - is there anyone here who was a Fictionwise customer and also a nook UK customer who's had the transfer done?

Did any of your Fictionwise purchases transfer, or only those made at nook UK?
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #216
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Come to think of it - is there anyone here who was a Fictionwise customer and also a nook UK customer who's had the transfer done?

Did any of your Fictionwise purchases transfer, or only those made at nook UK?
My Fictionwise purchases never actually made it into Nook in the first place so I'm afraid I can't check myself. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Sainsburys didn't even know about Fictionwise etc until someone mentioned it...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #217
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I have just received an email that explains why none of my ebooks have transferred:

"Thank you for replying to my colleague's email confirming the origin of your eBooks.

If you wish to raise a complaint to Barnes & Noble you can contact them by email customerservice@nook.co.uk"

I think all my books in my account were from Fictionwise. This really should have been in the FAQs.
Thanks for clarifing. Since Sainsburys don't sell my genre of ebooks looks like its time to close the account. I didn't hold out much hope tbh.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #218
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
@pdurrant I had hundreds of books from Fictionwise, but I don't believe any of them made it into Nook UK. At the time of the transfer to Sainsburys I had only one book in my Nook UK account. But this does puzzle me, because I remember my FW books transferring *somewhere*. I just can't remember where.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #219
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Since Fictionwise were owned by Barnes and Noble, the transfer was into your B&N account. For UK and US customers, anyway. For other customers they just lost access.

You might like to try logging into nook.com with your UK account details. I found my UK account there with books. Although I don't seem to be able to download any one them, or access them in any way. Sigh.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #220
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Emailed Sainsburys to ask when the book with a status of Pending from the Nook transfer would be available. Just had a reply giving me a voucher coupon for the cost of that book as it couldn't be transfered and the coupon is valid for three months.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote